Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i just put in my vortech on my 06 gt and tuned it with the diablo that came with it, have not changed the spark plugs yet but about to. now when i hit the gas in first gear as soon as it hits 4000rmp i hear alot of popping in the exhaust and it loses power, until i shift to second, then same thing happens there at 4000rpms. could it be that not all the gas is being burned up? i wonder if the plugs r the problem or its not getting the right mix of air and gas? any thoughts?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Had this same issue after I put on my cold air intake. What I found was a small gap were I had not gotten the hose clamp all the way on my intake tube and air was getting in after the mass air sensor causeing some popping and power loss then would be normal when I shifted to another gear. I would check there first and make sure you have a good seal on your intake. Also if you screwed it on to the throtle body look there too! I guess the one last question I have is I assume you are using premium gas now and that the tune was set up for the correct octane?

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Umm. It shouldn't unless you have maybe a vacuum leak. But, that's a far shot. I'd take it to a dyno shop with the appropriate HT0 plugs... and, do you have a fuel upgrade??? Have you checked your Wideband and Fuel Pressure gauges???

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah i do have better fuel pumps and #42 injectors. And I'm running 93 oct gas. I do plan on taking it to the tuners soon. About a week from now, it's 300 dollars need to safe up lol
Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
185 Posts
Nah no need to save thats what credit cards are for! Hahaha! I cann't wait till I get my car back next week. This SCT certifed shop has had my car almost 3 weeks! Getting 3.73 gears, GT500 fuel pump, HT0 plugs, 47# injectors and a complete dyno tune. Uprgrading it from the stock 3.31 and hope I notice a diffrence!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3 weeks! That's a long time! It took me about 16 total hours to put on my supercharger in my driveway. First time doing one but it turned out ok.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I paid $350 to have them done. I have an auto with the stock 18/235's so I went with the 3.73 gears. They have an 06 with 4.10's and auto with the same 18/235's on it at the dealer down the road and it's sweet but man every time I hit the gas the tires would spin. If you go 4.10's go with bigger tires on back for traction and be ready for about a 2600 rev. at 70 on the free way!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sweet thanks man. going to the dyno monday or tuesday ill let you know if it fixes my problem. i think ill try doing the gears myself save a few hundred bucks on the install!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts