Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hear of this? I've heard of some crazy ways people get high, but I had never heard of this until tonight. Got a call at work for an unconscious unresponsive male. I thought heroin, as usual. So I did CPR, and administered NARCAN, but the young kid was dead for hours...I couldn't find any drugs in the room, but I checked his computer and found out he was brewing "poppy tea", which basically extracts the opiates from the seeds, and then you drink it, and preferably combine it with other OTC drugs. Apparently this has been known to kill people. Pretty ****ed up...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poppy_tea

HPD warns: drug called 'poppy tea' can kill, students largely unaware

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Kids chasing a high, they have no idea how dangerous it is. Opiates, and heroin in particular, are scary.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Come on guys, we're casually laughing about someone dying?

·
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Come on guys, we're casually laughing about someone dying?
Actually, people in emergency services laugh all the time. Its a coping mechanism. Most people would be disgusted with the comments and jokes we were making on scene (away from the parents), but if we didn't makes jokes we would all probably be really ****ed up psychologically from dealing with this stuff on a weekly basis. I've had nights where I lose sleep. Luckily it usually only lasts a day and I can move on.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
I understand, but it can definitely be perceived differently through text on a forum versus in person.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
Actually, people in emergency services laugh all the time. Its a coping mechanism. Most people would be disgusted with the comments and jokes we were making on scene (away from the parents), but if we didn't makes jokes we would all probably be really ****ed up psychologically from dealing with this stuff on a weekly basis. I've had nights where I lose sleep. Luckily it usually only lasts a day and I can move on.
Almost sounds like something you need to do to make light of a bad situation. Kind of like how stand up comedy is so funny when the jokes are ****ed up.

Seriously though, if you're going to do dumb things what do you expect?

·
7,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Almost sounds like something you need to do to make light of a bad situation. Kind of like how stand up comedy is so funny when the jokes are ****ed up.

Seriously though, if you're going to do dumb things what do you expect?
Pretty much. I mean I feel bad for the parents, and the fact that it wasn't an illegal drug is what makes it worse...this kid may have thought that what he was doing wasn't that bad, and may not have realized the possible consequences.

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
Nothing new, poppy tea has been around for centuries.

Big problem is that there's no way for people to know what the content of the drug is, it could be really weak or you could have a fluke seed that has a ton...

Never saw it while I was an EMT tho. I always saw heroin and meth more than anything else.

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,218 Posts
How the hell does a person get into meth or heroin? I mean, I get drinking and weed or even coke but needles and heating up ****? WHY? Who is their right mind says "you know what? I need to go that extra step so I think this meth sounds like a good idea".

Can't people just stick to a beer?

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
A dumb ass brews a tea to get high and kills himself in the process. The death isn't the funny part, its how ****ing stupid people are becoming in this world that is the funny part.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Pretty much. I mean I feel bad for the parents, and the fact that it wasn't an illegal drug is what makes it worse...this kid may have thought that what he was doing wasn't that bad, and may not have realized the possible consequences.
True. But I blame parents in this instance a bit as well. Seriously, how do you not know your kid is into this ****? Im sure heroine tea wasn't his first go around with "getting high".

That's not to say I don't feel bad for them though. It would be terrible to lose a child for any reason. But parents need to take a more active roll in their kids' life these days.

And to think when I was a kid I would come home from school and get the boat ready to go fishing and pray my dad would say yes when he got home from work. Kids these days are searching google to learn how to make tea that will get you high. What the ****? Nothing has changed in America aside from how we let technology raise our kids.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:42 PM ----------

How the hell does a person get into meth or heroin? I mean, I get drinking and weed or even coke but needles and heating up ****? WHY? Who is their right mind says "you know what? I need to go that extra step so I think this meth sounds like a good idea".

Can't people just stick to a beer?
I don't understand that either and I wonder the same thing. But you pretty much answered why people think Pot is a gateway drug. The premise is that no one starts out smoking meth or shooting heroine, they usually start out with pot and chase a bigger high.

Personally it disgusts me thinking of someone doing any type of drugs like that. Even smoking pot is disgusting to me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts