Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I see on SSM all about their ported heads and stuff, but if I was to get the Split Port heads and the whole set up from GreenMustang00 because he is doing the Supercouper swap, how much would it cost me to get the heads Ported and Polished at a shop? Is it worth it, esp because I plan to run FI in the future?

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
Around 600-900 at a local shop man... 600 is on the really low side though.

·
1 Wheel Peel
3,747 Posts
You can see good gains... I think the most people see are around 20ish..

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
I'm hoping for 25 on my heads/intake alone.

·
V6 BIOTCH
6,945 Posts
Well, FYI, the upper intake can be fully ported, but its an extensive process to do it 100%.
The windstar is NOT fully ported.
If you've ever seen the ports in these engine, you will drive to the ford plant and slap the **** outta someone for it ... just saying.

Now if your mechanically inclined, you can do the lower and heads yourself (idk about a valve job though), their is an excellent write up somewhere on how to do it. If I had a dremal tool (or however its spelled) id do it myself after seeing how simple it really is.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright, ill look for that write up then too. What then would be more efficient at that point then, a windstar upper or the ported stock one? I already have the windstar (just the manifold) because I pulled it out of the JY.

·
V6 BIOTCH
6,945 Posts
Well, probably the windstar, cause to properly port the stocker all the way, you have to in it, do the insides, and weld back together ... or something along those lines. I mean you can probably get a bunch of the runners done, but i think the windstar is probably better if you dont go 100% on the stocker. Now that maybe what SSMS does, idk.

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
Well, FYI, the upper intake can be fully ported, but its an extensive process to do it 100%.
The windstar is NOT fully ported.
If you've ever seen the ports in these engine, you will drive to the ford plant and slap the **** outta someone for it ... just saying.

Now if your mechanically inclined, you can do the lower and heads yourself (idk about a valve job though), their is an excellent write up somewhere on how to do it. If I had a dremal tool (or however its spelled) id do it myself after seeing how simple it really is.
A die grinder works a lot better. It tkok two hours to crudely do two short ports on the lower with a dremal. It took two hours to finish the rest including the two I started on with a air die grinder and that includes polishing..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts