Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
can a 05 GT with full exhuast and intake with stage 3 ported heads and stage 2 or 3 cams make 400rwhp?

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
huh?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Impressive numbers 07Stang...your setup is exactly what I want by tax season....I want to go the N/A route and see how far I can take it till I can't upgrade anymore. Thanks for posting your dyno charts...helps out.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so heads and cams...

my of mine is wanting to do this. Thats not bad N/A

thoughs stage 2 ported heads and 2 stage cams?

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
JPC's dyno reads about 14% higher than Dynojet SAE corrected numbers.

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
Livernois stage II heads
Comp Spr Stage II (127500)
Steeda cai with highflow elbow
steeda race plates
jpc intake manifold/fuel rails
39lb injectors
and 4.10's was rich's setup if I am not mistaken

And add UDP's or the crank udp and the meziere electic water pump.
with a spyder shaft, GT 500 TB, and some weight reduction you will be high to mid 11's and tuned right you will be anywhere from 390-425rwhp.

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
add a stroker and that should make more torque....maybe 5-10 rwhp topend also.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
The first sheet is with a Gen 1 Whipple, full exhaust w/high flow cats...stock heads and cams on 93 octane. The second sheet is the exact same car a couple of weeks later same mid 40's temps and similar elevation and conditions only on a new Dynojet chassis dyno.

My only point here is not all dynos are going to give the same or even near the same numbers. Dynojets are however the industry standard and cannot be manipulated.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok no S/c but ported heads and cams...400rwhp?

idk if he knows we may need more fuel for that..

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i should prob tell him

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
as a friend and all lol

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I've seen several guys post dyno sheets showing around 400 rwhp, but I have not seen one with a Dynojet or Mustang Dyno SAE corrected. I just know that JPC's dyno does in fact read high. Another example would be my car when it had a Procharger on it. Tuned at 490 rwhp with the same full exhaust on a Mustang Dyno running 11lbs boost.(Race fuel tune) The same blower system is now on my son's car and running a larger pulley at about 9 lbs boost and stock exhaust with axle back and JPC's dyno reads 500 rwhp. This car was on a dynojet and it layed down 439 rwhp SAE corrected.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Didnt we have this discussion before? Yea we did i guess ill spell it out for you.

It never occured to you that JPC could have recalibrated his dyno or that was just something with your dyno?

Yea so my car with its mods is really putting down 340. and that makes sense to you? a car making 340rwhp at 3650lbs is trapping 116. Yea.

A termi with 2.76 pulley kooks long tubes c&l intake, throttle body and plenum dynoed on justins dyno one month before that dyno and pulled a 450rwhp. Thats a member on this forum zootoxin. No way its 14% high if anything its low.

you have no experience n/a with these cars.

Here is another dyno of my car without the jpc intake and a stock throttle body.

Different dyno. With the same exact mods my car pulled 374 on justins dyno.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I've seen several guys post dyno sheets showing around 400 rwhp, but I have not seen one with a Dynojet or Mustang Dyno SAE corrected. I just know that JPC's dyno does in fact read high. Another example would be my car when it had a Procharger on it. Tuned at 490 rwhp with the same full exhaust on a Mustang Dyno running 11lbs boost.(Race fuel tune) The same blower system is now on my son's car and running a larger pulley at about 9 lbs boost and stock exhaust with axle back and JPC's dyno reads 500 rwhp. This car was on a dynojet and it layed down 439 rwhp SAE corrected.
A number is just a number. Have to put down 400whp then just get a blower.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I'm not going to argue about this. The last time I asked, that dyno was NOT calibrated since it was new. I'm strictly going on my experience with the dyno and that's it. I've seen other similar results which I'd prefer not to speak for. I was at the track last week by the way. While there an old friend of mine Adam Browne has a '10 GT running 12.07 @113.89 with LCA's, UCA, QA1 shocks, drop in K&N filter, Hot Rod cams, gears, longtubes w/offroad H and an aluminum driveshaft all on a canned tune. I forgot he's also got an electric water pump.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Your not going to argue becuase you cant. Saying jpc's dyno is was and always will read 14% high is retarded on its face. Nor do you seem to even have an idea of what a 3v with cams and heads would put down.

The guy is asking questions about n/a setups why dont you let people with experience on the subject answer.

What exactly did you do naturally aspirated with your car?

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
look. i have 2 mustang dynos that showed my current set up made 310 horse and 300 torque....so what the **** does a dyno number mean...trap speed will tell you what you are making power wise shouldint it?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts