Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm relatively new to modding cars, my s197 gt is really the only car i've personally own and free to mod. anyways, ive been searching the site, didnt want to double post, but couldnt find anything. my question is would ported heads from livernois or frpp and lets say frpp high lift cams or BBR stage 2 cams pass emissions in california anyone know? does it even apply to emissions? sorry still relatively new to modding, i just drive the **** out of the stang. trying to keep my s197 NA and street legal for now.

btw-no major perf mods, left dealership with just a roush axleback
planning on steeda ultimate power pack since its carb approved with cai, tuner, udp, delete plates, etc.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
really the heads and cams would affect emissions in cali? I dont think you can get frpp high lift cams for your car. those are for previous generation stangs, wont work with VCT. Ford has just came out with the hot rod cam for our car but that has even hit the dealers yet.

welcome to the forum and modding by the way.

In Cali, it seems anything they do to a car will effect their emissions testing lol.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
how would the cam and heads affect the emissions standards? would they even know if you changed them? besides the rough idle.
there's the NSR cam, or comp cam stage 3 from brenspeed.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
how would the cam and heads affect the emissions standards? would they even know if you changed them? besides the rough idle.
there's the NSR cam, or comp cam stage 3 from brenspeed.

Well considering how strict they are, it wouldn't suprise me if the car wouldn't pass. They just seem to go to far with their emissions checks.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
really the heads and cams would affect emissions in cali? I dont think you can get frpp high lift cams for your car. those are for previous generation stangs, wont work with VCT. Ford has just came out with the hot rod cam for our car but that has even hit the dealers yet.

welcome to the forum and modding by the way.
haha sorry i meant the news one out for our cars

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I doubt it would pass in nazi california.
hahaha soooo true! i think visuals is whack, as long as it passes emissions through the sniffer whats the prob? damn this blows. well i mean i wonder if anyone has tried before. ford doesnt note anything that it would not be passable. plus i doubt you can check for carb number am i correct? are ported heads the stock ones just ported? and the cams arent visible right? so as long as it passes the sniffer. i dont know, im just rambling.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
you should call a shop that does inspections and ask them. but i think it should pass bc like u said visually they cant detect it, and it should pass the sniffer if you got cats. but then again i dont live in cali so i'm just speculating.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
maybe ill email the companies that make em and find out for everyone. ill put it on my to do list. if not looks like im driving an hour to riverside to my friends shop in the future and donating some cash to his smog shop for the superb work and service theyll provide me.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
im convinced! wanna be my first sale, ill discount you and throw in some oxycontin!
LOL! j/k though seriously, once you start selling, you get curious and try your own stuff. then youre effing boned. a rather not get boned, dont like anything getting near my rear.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts