Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was just lookin around today and i see that Chris is selling some windstar intakes. They wont fit for my car and then i kept reading and he said he could port anyones intake for $50. I was just wondering bascially what does porting do to an intake? what do u get outta it? More horsepower?

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
windstar will fit on any 99-04 with some modification. And short answer: Yes porting is for more hp.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
It depends...are you porting both upper and lower or just upper. It also depends on what other mods you have. It is all about getting more O2 to the engine.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
ya there r a lot of veriabuls to how much hp u will see from it.
also there r a lot beter options then just porting to make hp from ur intake.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think just the upper. I have a CAI, throttle body, spacer(yea i no doesnt do ****) umm 4.10 gears, posi and thats pretty much it for performance wise

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well my cars a DD and i dont want anything to crazy but something i can get some good horsepower outta

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
do the lower to other wise it is a waist. and u realy may want to look in to ur options beside just porting, because it is rather limeted in its potental

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
Well my cars a DD and i dont want anything to crazy but something i can get some good horsepower outta
mine to u can still get a lot better option that is very Reliable

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
ya there r a lot of veriabuls to how much hp u will see from it.
also there r a lot beter options then just porting to make hp from ur intake.
Your spelling, grammar, etc. > you

It depends...are you porting both upper and lower or just upper. It also depends on what other mods you have. It is all about getting more O2 to the engine.
pretty much, and more fuel. without fuel is bad...

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
ok everyone
i just want to make this clear
I AM NOT PORTING YOUR INTAKE FOR $50!!! ONLY! IF YOU BUY THE WINDSTAR INTAKE, IF YOU'D LIKE YOU CAN SEND YOUR OLD INTAKE AND I'LL PORT IT FOR $50 EXTRA!
im not just going to recieve them and port it for $50

THE WINDSTAR INTAKE will work on ANY! 99-04 v6 motor or ANY sn95 mustang that has a SPLIT PORT SWAP.
it does require a few minor modifications that arent that difficult to do.

i may eventually make a kit because so many people seem to want it.

BUT I WANTED TO MAKE IT CLEAR, I AM NOT PORTING ANYTHING FOR $50 UNLESS A WINDSTAR IS PAID FOR
its like a special offer
$50 for porting in no way is fair on my side due to the amount of time i'd be spending to make $50 for it.

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
yes if u r gana port them do both.

as far as other options u have

the 96-98 windstar upper with ported stock lower(it can be maid to fit under the stock hood with a little more work)
cut and welded upper and egr removed lower. (will pass emitions with a good tune)
and the 01+ windstar uper lower combo (this is the best of the 3 but u will need a new hood for clearance)

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
yes if u r gana port them do both.

as far as other options u have

the 96-98 windstar upper with ported stock lower(it can be maid to fit under the stock hood with a little more work)
cut and welded upper and egr removed lower. (will pass emitions with a good tune)
and the 01+ windstar uper lower combo (this is the best of the 3 but u will need a new hood for clearance)
And then theirs the SSX sheet metal.:cool:

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts

·
MM's official Chevy guy
2,024 Posts
i know it is my choice and i am an all moter man.

not that i have any thing agenst power adders, it is just that i am not as well read on them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts