Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know i might sound like an idiot for this but oh well. i have been wondering wut porting the heads on a car is. i know all about polished heads and polished intakes but wut is porting of both, and can u do this to the stock intake and heads and will it add horsepower? also how much would it run to get the heads and intake ported and polished?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Welcome to MM. Chris will be able to tell you a lot more about this than I can. However, I will be able to help a little. porting the intake and heads allows more air to get into the cylinder. Yes, this will give you an increase in horsepower. Also, yeas you can port and polish your stock heads and intake. However, you'll have to remove them to do it, so you might as well upgrade them while your at it. Hope that this helps. As I said chris will be able to tell you more.

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
i know i might sound like an idiot for this but oh well. i have been wondering wut porting the heads on a car is. i know all about polished heads and polished intakes but wut is porting of both, and can u do this to the stock intake and heads and will it add horsepower? also how much would it run to get the heads and intake ported and polished?
most charge $300 for the upper
$400 for the lower
and minimum of $850 for the heads

i sell a package for all 3 for $800!

let me know

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alright i think i understand this now. so it would probably just be wiser to wait and just put better heads on and a new intake. i have been looking at both of these and found the ford windstar intake. is this a good upgrade or is there any others. and also i have been looking at some of the performance heads on supersix motorsports are these good deals or are there any better options. i really appreciate all the help you guys are giving me.

·
Registered
235 Posts
the windstar is a good idea. i just bought a ported upper from chris and he does good work. he also sells big valve heads for i think $600 cheaper than ssm. and they flow about the same.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you very much. i have been looking at chris' site. all of the products do seem a lot cheaper. one more question how much hp can i look to get on a 2002 v-6 mustang with 2.5 inch true dual exhaust with glasspacks and a [email protected] cai with the upper intake and heads from chris?

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
thank you very much. i have been looking at chris' site. all of the products do seem a lot cheaper. one more question how much hp can i look to get on a 2002 v-6 mustang with 2.5 inch true dual exhaust with glasspacks and a [email protected] cai with the upper intake and heads from chris?
glasspacks probably isnt the best muffler
exhaust and intake together is about 10hp with the mid pipe.
ported intakes and heads is roughly about 50-60hp if you get a cam the gains are much better. such as if you get a regrind or new cam you can see about 70+
cam really works well with the ported and polished set up

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks. yeah on the glasspacks i dont really like the sound and am hoping to redo it this summer with some flowmaster 40s. i will definately look into getting the intake and heads hopefully.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
most charge $300 for the upper
$400 for the lower
and minimum of $850 for the heads

i sell a package for all 3 for $800!

let me know
I love having just one head 350cnc porting lol.

and porting is essence is just making the intake and exhaust "ports" bigger

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
im surprised there isn't a few around you
lol i went to a place called mustang specialties they have a machine shop
i ask how much for the ported upper and how big can you go on the throttle body and deep in the runners
throttle body they said was IMPOSSIBLE to go bigger then 65. i was like umm i have a 70mm on my car
the runners they said maybe 2-3inches i said ok bye

gotta check out more

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
lol i went to a place called mustang specialties they have a machine shop
i ask how much for the ported upper and how big can you go on the throttle body and deep in the runners
throttle body they said was IMPOSSIBLE to go bigger then 65. i was like umm i have a 70mm on my car
the runners they said maybe 2-3inches i said ok bye

gotta check out more
wow thats sad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts