Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this today well bored on corral. At first wasnt even thinking about it, but then i thought.... what if i can get it for below $7500? It would be a nice daily driver, regardless of miles! And if the motor goes on me, its not hard to find a termi motor! What you guys think??

·
Registered
754 Posts
that thing looks clean but 7.5k for over 200k miles? i would say F that hahaha i would buy a 2v with about 75-90k miles and call it a day for your DD

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
seems like a good deal to me. body looks clean, these engines are stout and i dont see it going out anytime soon if it still runs good now. there's an 03 cobra on svtp with 3xx,xxx miles on it and still going strong.

if the miles bother everyone you could buy it for 7500 which he said he'll take, spend 3k on getting the motor/trans refreshened and have a basically new mach 1 for around 10k, which is cheaper than most 70-100k mach's go for.

·
MMR 950 5.0 Stroker
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
seems like a good deal to me. body looks clean, these engines are stout and i dont see it going out anytime soon if it still runs good now. there's an 03 cobra on svtp with 3xx,xxx miles on it and still going strong.

if the miles bother everyone you could buy it for 7500 which he said he'll take, spend 3k on getting the motor/trans refreshened and have a basically new mach 1 for around 10k, which is cheaper than most 70-100k mach's go for.
That was my thought... what if i could get this thing for $6k? Its possible w miles like that. Maybe some paint on the bumper and hood from rock chips, looks like just about everything is replaced on the motor, the clutch as well. I dont need it to handle boost or anything (not yet anyway lol!). Just a good looking daily driver. Ill.of course do a few mods, lower, wheels, jlt, tune and exhaust but nothing major. And if the engine goes, $2500 for a low mile mach motor or maybe $5k for a terminator swap. Id be about $12k in total for a termi swapped mach! I asked for some info on the body and paint so ill go from there

·
Registered
5 Posts
Miles seem high but you are getting a Mach pretty cheap. If the engine goes put a few grand into and rebuild. All in all you would have a rebuilt Mach for around 10000. Not bad in my opinion.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
It's not as overpriced as I originally thought. The car probably meets the KBB category of Very Good Condition. According to KBB a 2003 Mach 1 with 220,000 miles sells for around $6,800 in Indiana.

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
If you do pick it up, pay no more then 6.5k, imo

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Good foundation for a weekend strip warrior..... price is fair but not great.

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
That guy is local to me and I've seen some cars he's owned. I will say this, his cars are always VERY clean and he doesn't half ass anything. If I remember before that car he had a supra? I almost bought an 03 cloned GT from him a year ago.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts