Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So right now I commute about 2 hours a day on a bus so I don't thrash the hedgehog, so if I don't feel like catching up on the things I need to do etc lol, I think about more interesting things, such as this..

Everyone loves winning things, so we'd create a Detailing Products Lottery
however you don't buy a ticket to get in, you choose one or more of your products to "enter" into the contest.
By doing so you're filling the pot with detailing products, once say 10 people are in, I'd choose a winner at random (I'd enter the names into a random generator I forget what they're called but you guys know what I'm talking about, it picks fair and random) and BOOM we have a winner who gets to try out a bunch of new products, I mean who doesn't love that

the only stipulation is you have to post unboxing pictures, and atleast one good write up where you use the products, or smaller writeups where you're using products here and there

What do you guys think? I think it'd be fun and interesting, maybe even our site sponsor detailers domain could contribute an item here and there.

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
sounds like a great idea, maybe once i know what im doing i will participate

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you pm me I'll tell you what products you should put in :yes so then its fair you're entering quality products and you could possibly win the mega millions

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
sure, once there is some more interest i will

ive also heard your supposed to protect most stuff from freezing, how does shipping work this time of year for that?

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sure, once there is some more interest i will

ive also heard your supposed to protect most stuff from freezing, how does shipping work this time of year for that?
thats a good question, honestly its highly unlikely a product will totally freeze / if it does that it will be ruined, its more so the constant freezing and unthaw will degrade and ruin products, so say you left xx product in the freezing garage all winter then I'd be worried come spring, I ordered the bulk of my detailing arsenal in the winter and no products were damaged etc, heat can also be just as dangerous to products as cold, as well as UV rays, can't say all of this is exactly fact, just imo and ime

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Sounds good to me but I think a few more stipulations would be needed such as one entry per person even if they put in multiple items. The entry should equal a certain amount, and what about used products. I myself would be okay with them cause it would be a testing bonanza.

sent from ponyville

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts
and maybe instead of people actually sending other members products they already have people could enter the products they want and then buy them online and send them to the winner directly?

might save some shipping costs

:dunno

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah good points, better to lay out for ground rules, for now definitely one entry per person, idk what people would agree on a good dollar amount roughly of product id say atleast 10, used products would be allowed, you can portion gallon into smaller sizes as well, say taking 16 oz from your gallon of v7 is perfectly fine

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
and maybe instead of people actually sending other members products they already have people could enter the products they want and then buy them online and send them to the winner directly?

might save some shipping costs

:dunno
Yeah I don't have a problem with that at all, but for some it'll be a great way to redistribute stock to others who would get more use and enjoyment out of it, but if you aren't stock piled or just don't want to then that's perfectly acceptable as well, if anyone wants to get me a panel pot of supernatural for Christmas cough :shiftyeyes :lol

·
Slappin' da Bass
7,835 Posts
I like this Sonic, great idea. We could also get people in to detailing more and keep people away from Turtle Wax.....

·
Registered
479 Posts
And we would help out the USPS with all the flat-rate boxes we would be buying.

The only problem I have is shipping, it would rape and if the products were only worth say $10 shipping would be $5 and that's a shitty ratio.

And what if southfour won! Imagine how much it would be to ship to Canada eh!

·
Not a Vert
1,655 Posts
I like the concept...a lot. All I'm willing to part with at the moment is a portion of my v7 jug :sorry. I need to build an army first :lol

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
I like the idea of putting in our own stuff, I have products I no longer use that I'm sure others could use. I think we should start out with cheap stuff first, no sense in my throwing in some Carbon, to end up not working out. Lets do it, I'm in.

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
I use everything i have :( lol

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I like the idea it allows me to see and feel a few items I'm intrigued by and I can still use them to enter the raffle

sent from ponyville

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
Sounds fun.:yes

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
We all have that product that has been sitting around, its almost brand new, but you used it and hated it. * Glares at Mothers/ Armoral products* throw em in. Im sure someone here enjoys mothers products, and would be thrilled to get a free armoral gift set.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Sounds like a pretty good idea. I know mothers did this for one of our members a year or so ago.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I already gave away a large lot of my products I dont use anymore in my little contest i had month ago
writes ups of any kind I think would be hard this time of the year..Anyone in the north isnt gonna get to. I know I am pretty much done with using stuff till spring

1 - 20 of 37 Posts