Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I think I may have an exhaust leak. I have a sort of whistling noise at 2k-3k rpm, and it is only in that small range. Others have told me to look at my stock intake, but that looks fine, and I have inspected the vacuum lines and they seem to be fine, no cracks or holes. Is it an exhaust leak? It sounds like it is coming from the driver side of the engine. I had catbacks installed earlier this year, but I do not see any carbon build up around the joints.
Hopefully you can help me eliminate this annoying noise.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
808 Posts
If its whistling at those rpm it might be a vac leak. Ive had problems finding real small leaks etc. in the past. Finally bought a smoke machine and man what a life saver. Ive seen idle air solinoids and egr diaphrams leak. Those you cant tell by looking.
Good luck.

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
Exhaust leaks make a ticking sound at idle -1500 rpm, while cold. Unless really bad, but they still don't whistle.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright thanks for all of the responses. Never heard an exhaust leak before. Time to find that vacuum leak now. Has anyone tried the propane method for finding leaks? Im not wild about spraying carb cleaner all over my engine, not to mention dangerous. Maybe I'll just have to take it in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts