Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AM,

I purchased a livewire through your site some time ago (with some of my coupon code money for doing writeups!!!) and have been using it without issue for a number of months. This past weekend I wired in a PLX wideband (FM-AFR) and ran into some trouble with the analog inputs on my LW.

using the firewire cable I could measure the desired 2.5 to 5v raw signal coming from the WB o2. but when I plugged it into the LW it read 7+ volts in "raw" mode. This obviously threw off my readings. As a test I rewired the firewire cable to input the readings into analog two of the LW and it worked flawlessly.

I also hear a high pitched tone coming from the unit...almost like a power supply buzz. it is faint but you can definately hear it and it is quite annoying!

Any thoughts?

I posted request for feedback with this in the 99-04 section to see if anyone else has seen this.

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/136791-wacky-results-after-tapping-into-fuse-panel.html

Thanks

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hmm...I personally haven't tried to use a WideBand in conjunction with the LiveWire. I have a '93 so only a Eliminator chip for me, no handhelds. LOL But I would say your best bet is to make sure you are running the most recent Firmware on the LiveWire...and then if there is still inconsistencies, I would give SCT a call and see what they think.

·
Premium Member
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a support request out to SCT already. still awaiting feedback from them. They were quick to get the wiring diagram but not so quick with this possible issue.

If it does indeed turn out to be an issue with the LW itself would I work through AM for the warranty or SCT directly? that is if I am still in my warranty period. time flies and I have no idea how long ago I bought the damn thing. feels like yesterday but knowing my luck it expired last week.

thanks AMNick!

BTW the analog inputs to the livewire kick a$$. no need for another external gauge and the readings are logged right into the device for evaluation later. I plan on eventually running an egt into the second input for even better tracking of the system.

·
Registered
543 Posts
If its been a while your best bet is right through SCT. I believe the warranty period is 1 Year on the SCT hardware pieces...if you PM me your full name I can look up your order date for you. Yeah, I have heard the same thing about the analog inputs being awesome. No need to keep your laptop in the car or anything, definitely a plus.

Just a thought...could it be a cable shielding issue since you are getting that buzz? Maybe you are picking up interference?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts