Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I live in Spokane, Washington.

Possibly picking this bad girl up in the morning.

Spokane Used Ford Mustang - Big Boys Toys Auto Sales

Let me know what you think, good deal or not. The previous owner seemed to do nice exterior upgrades and the basic bolt ons... They dealership said it was lowered 1.5 inches. Does it look lowered to you guys?

Anyway it was fun to drive and very beautiful. I wouldnt do a thing more to it. The previous did everything I would do. ha. Saves me about 4 grand.

I was looking for cheap oem engines and trans incase they happen to go bad soon. Drove fine but I want to have links saved incase it ever happens. Transmissions are all over ebay. But i couldnt find much on the engines.

Might be driving it home tomorrow!

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
Im always a little leery of someone elses project when making a purchase like this, but it seems like just basic bolt ons from what I can see. Something I'd have the dealership do to sweeten the deal would a full service spark plugs, oil, coolant, diff fluid etc, the miles aren't really high but it wouldn't hurt

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is just basic bolt ons, the bama tuner doesnt even come with the car. Does the ecu reset to stock if the battery is disconnected? It has new oil. Ill try to get more stuff out of it for sure. Im loving the new tires and those rims though. Does it look lowered or is that about the stock ride height?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Make sure it's tuned for that intake, and try to figure out what octane gas it's tuned for. If it's a 93 tune you don't want to put any less in it... It looks like it has a Steeda intake on it. I'd get a tuner since one isn't being supplied with the car.

As mentioned, I would do spark plugs, diff fluid, fuel filter and all that. Also replace the timing belt (it's $40 and takes 30 minutes tops).

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
If there is a tuner and they just aren't including it then tell them to throw that it. It really isn't worth anything while being locked to that car. I really like the car though. I would rather have that one then mine. I paid more then that with a little less mileage and didnt have all the upgrades.

·
Registered
481 Posts
It's definitely lowered. A new tuner will overwrite whatever they have in there right now. I'd get a new tuner so you'll know what tune is in it.

FYI, there is no timing belt - you mean the serpentine belt? I wouldn't worry about diff fluid unless there's a known problem with it.

The car looks good.

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
It for sure looks lowered, man! The car also looks very clean and well maintained from what I can tell. Have it checked over thoroughly by a mechanic to make sure it's ok. These motors can run for 200,000 miles if taken care of properly. Just see if there's any reason to believe it was dragged out hard. I would make sure that you get a hold of anything that was used to modify the computer. You need to make sure of that. Also, about the price, it seems like a fair price. It isn't a spectacular deal, though. It is a nice, fair price, in my opinion. You won't be getting shafted at that price, but ALWAYS try to talk down the dealer. They give themselves wiggle room. I talked mine down over a thousand dollars and the starting price obviously wasn't even close to that high. Good luck and congrats!! It's a beautiful car.

·
Registered
276 Posts
FYI, there is no timing belt - you mean the serpentine belt? I wouldn't worry about diff fluid unless there's a known problem with it.

The car looks good.
Haha yes, meant the serpentine belt! Thanks.

·
Registered
310 Posts
yea sometimes all the outside and interior look great but check with the engine.. its beauty though.. will definitely need the tuner to really wake that pony up and find out what octane its tuned for as previous members said.. plus try and get that price lower of course even though thats about right lol.. and ask them what ghst said new plugs fluid and wires would definitely help

·
Registered
175 Posts
Talk them down about a grand or so, then go for it

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
They don't have the tuner. I will be running 92 octane anyway. It's the highest I got around here. Ill eventually pick one up. Hopefully a used one. Diff fluid and plugs/wires I wanna do myself :D

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
No no no no. You NEED to know what it's tuned for. Find out or get a new tuner asap. Good luck.

Also, I don't understand the point of a used tuner. Just get 50 posts and aquire the 6% AM discount and buy one. That's my advice.

·
its JUSA 2V
3,411 Posts
Have the dealership take the car to ford and have it flashed back to stock as part of the deal make sure they show proof they did

then wen you can afford it buy a tuner from am with the discount and get a custom tune that you know what it is and you get free tunes for life!

Thats my opinion

- Sent from the cellular

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the replies guys. I bought this mean machine. As far as the tune goes, my buddy has a bama tuner and was able to look at it, a base map from a bama. Im gonna take to to get dyno tuned in the spring so that its car specific. As for now in the winter, I wont be going over 30mph very often. Ir runs great, shifts great.. and is smoother than my old mazdazpeed 6. I love this thing.

Does the AM tuner marry to your car like the accessports do for the subaru, mitsubishi's, and mazdas? So I couldnt borrow a tuner and put a regular off the shelf map on it?

·
Registered
267 Posts
I would strongly recommend getting the original tuner...that has the stock file for your ECU in case you ever needed to reset it. Not sure if BAMA or whoever can write a stock file or not. If someone knows a way around this please jump in...just my two cents.

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
No no no no. You NEED to know what it's tuned for. Find out or get a new tuner asap. Good luck.

Also, I don't understand the point of a used tuner. Just get 50 posts and aquire the 6% AM discount and buy one. That's my advice.
As long as he keeps the high octane in it he shouldnt have a problem
Have the dealership take the car to ford and have it flashed back to stock as part of the deal make sure they show proof they did

then wen you can afford it buy a tuner from am with the discount and get a custom tune that you know what it is and you get free tunes for life!

Thats my opinion

- Sent from the cellular
If flashed back to stock the car wont run right because of the cai, after getting a tuner then have it flashed back to stock and upload a new tune

1 - 20 of 40 Posts