Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
This is going to be a bit long winded, but I need some help here.

My wife and I are currently being put in an ultimatum situation that is ultimately rediculous. We have to figure out a serious car option. We presently have a paid off 2003 pt cruiser loaded limited model, has brand new tranny, brakes, p/s pump, timing belt, motor mounts, plugs, wires and coil pack. 4% tint... 116k miles. Its very clean inside and out.. misc small dents and the hood had a semi tire explode on it and its dented in. Needs a new hood. It also has paint to match custom 18" aluminum wheels. And irs lowered. Ac just serviced as well. It moves around just fine, gets around town ect.... but the milage is getting up there.

We have also the 2001 mustang gt premium coupe. 90k miles, 17" chrome pony 5 spoke wheels, nitto 555s, stage one cams, ford racing intake manifold with alum crossover, b and m Rachet shifter, hpipe, flow 44s, new tensioner, idler pullys, ac clutch and service, lowered 2" plus, its in wonderful shape.

I work at al older vegas hotel wih a full concrete old ass garage and I cant really fit the mustang in the garage. The pt cruiser really cant fit on all the oddly not normal steep inclines going up. It gets stuck on some. The mustang is beyond low clearance pass, the pt doesnt qualify by like 1/4" and there isnt any parking pernits available anyway... we all know what cars look like on paper... and asking more than book is tough. The pt has a lot of work done to it and its all documented and its worth the full book price or at least 5k... the mustang dealers around here are selling my car for 9.5k plus... yet they wont pay at least 7.5-8k on trade for it. The pt would go to auction so its a courtesy F you credit of 500$.. ive tried selling both cars for like a year and no1 has money. .. ive been offered 1.5k to 2k for either car. Which is ludicrous.

I need my own car to het into the garage at work which is the only place I can park. And she needs a car thats gonna get her to nursing school for the next 3 years. Yet I dont want another 300$ plus payment. I looked at some cars today on the lots and I wasn't happy.
I summed it up to this. A dealer has a
2011 ford fusion cloth coupe semi loaded 19.7k miles.... asking 16,794$ or they have a 2012 chrysler 300 3.6l pentastar v6 wirh 70.7k miles for the same price. They were willing to do 4.5k on the pt and possibly 7/8 on the mustang but they haven't seen that yet.
Another dealer is trying to see if theh can extend this deal out for 99$ a month on a chrysler 200lx brand new.. lease for 36 months 10k a year... and 1500 down. Another kia dealer said a 14 soul or forte with our credit is prob w years 0 down.. first pay up front... 12k miles maintenance and warranty included... closed end lease... no bs. The soul would be around 219/m and the forte would be like 250/m... the other fusion or 300 after all the bs is done and 9% after trading in the pt is the same price give or take a few $. If I get a third car my living situation... id have to store the mustang off site somewhere too, im not selling it for pennies. Yet, we don't have a whole lot of time to figure this out. We still need 2 cars. Cany any one offer any advice?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
It'll be bout tree fiddy
3,429 Posts
I would suggest taking the first $2k offer you come across for the PT cruiser. They aren't desirable cars and sounds like, albeit in great mechanical shape, the car is in rough condition. If there is a dealer offering you $4.5k for the PT, they are stupid. Take advantage of it. Modifications do not add any value to the car, and maintenance work (trans, brakes, p/s pump, all you listed above) DEFINITELY doesn't add anything to the value of the car. That money is gone. Sorry to bust your bubble, but something that is dented, dinged, and needing replacement body panels is not worth full book value. Put down the crack pipe.

NADA said:
Price with Options: ROUGH TRADE IN $1750
Other than that, I don't recommend KIA. Ford vehicles are great, newer chryslers seem to do good as well.

·
Registered
756 Posts
If the Fusion is nice I would go for that. My wife has one that is pushing a little over 80k miles. Minimal maintenance costs, and have not had to put anything extra into it other than Ford recommended maintenance. Probably the cheapest car to maintain I have owned to date. Ours is the 4 cylinder version.

·
Sofa King Slow
784 Posts
For starters that was very painful to read. Did you seriously type all of that on your phone? -.-

Mustang's retain value better than random cars (Kia's/PT Cruisers/Buick's). You'll get more money for it of course.

The PT Cruiser makes me laugh. I didn't know people still drove those around. No dealership is going to care that you put a lot of work into it. Like GT350 said, that money is gone. If a dealer really offered you 4.5k for that car they are the epitome of ignorance. Take that offer, and don't look back. Nobody that is looking to buy a car is going to buy a PT Cruiser willingly. They might buy into one because they just wrecked their car 2 minutes ago, but they sure as hell aren't going to pay more than 1-2k for one. The dealerships (should) recognize the demand for said vehicle and purchase/sell accordingly.

I personally would never buy a Kia, Chrysler, Dodge, or Honda. Idk about you but in my area 05-09 mustangs are dirt cheap. As far as a car that fit's in the garage at your work. Are you going to be there forever? I wouldn't base my purchase on whether or not it fit's in a garage at work.

Good luck man.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts