Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
About a month ago I broke my factory quadront, got a new UPR and firewall adjuster and it works great. A couple of mornings ago when I started the car for work I heard a popping sound by the quadront. Go on my way to work and every time I pushed the clutch to the floor it would pop a couple of times. Now I started to notice the pedal had alot of slack in it and then the cable broke at the firewall. I put a new cable on later that day in the lowes parkinglot and noticed how freakin hard it was to press the pedal. It also makes a click sound when I push it to the floor so I haved parked it until I figure this out. Clutch has felt fine, slipped alittle sometimes but worked great, had maybe 35k on it. Something is cleary not right and I want to point my finger to the pressure plate. The clutch cable is not tight either maybe a hair loose at best. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nobody?! AHHH.. Drove it about a hour ago and its now a single click from the quadront. You can feel it in your foot. I will try to take a video with my Iphone. I just got a smart phone 2 weeks ago and am learining. Flippin weird.. Im usually good at this

·
Registered
139 Posts
what cable did you buy.? OEM or adjustable?
is the quadrant centered with the cable, if its off centre it can cause the cable to rub on the firewall.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its a bbk cable I got from a friend but regardless I still have plenty of slack in the cable either way I adjust the cable it still clicks at the pedal. I started thinking about it with my father in law. About a year ago the TOB was skeeking and I thought... "damn" well after 5 months it went away and I forgot about it. I now think the TOB messed up the fingers on the pressure place and that clicking I hear is the TOB going threw the hole on the pressure plate. Its all I can think of. This friday a friend I used to work with at ford is doing the clutch for $100 and some snap on tools.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts