Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ive been thinking that it would look clean to get rid of the guages off my dash and kind of hide them, would it be possible to cut out the stock rpm guage and fit the 5" aftermarket one in that slot?

or are the stock guages on a single circut board?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But does ne one know if the stock panel just holds the guages or are they in like a circut board so that if I cut out the stock rpm guage will it mess with something else?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
thats not gona look very good even if you can do it

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't see why it wouldn't, if you cut 2 fit it should look just fine, plus im going for functionality not looks

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
you should just buy all aftermarket gauges and put some of them in the vent in the middle and some on the A pillar or if you have an aftermarket radio put some below it or some in the wiper cowl or anywhere else and then get that kit and put a tach and speedo in it

·
Registered
334 Posts
Mustangs Unlimited - The Source for Mustang Parts, Shelby Parts, Cougar Parts and Accessories

im thinkin about using one of these custom intrument panels and puttin my tach and speedo in it and then putt the rest on the A pillar and maybe the vents and stuff
Are you seeing the custom inserts for 87-93?

I've seen these for newer ones, and I'm even seeing one for 79-86, but nothing for the year I want

edit: ah, just noticed the ones where you cut your own holes

·
Registered
569 Posts
why would you ruin your interior to put gauges in?? why would you put them in the vents especially if its a street car and if you are going for functionality whats wrong with the stock cluster...to anser your question its all one circuit board

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i put all mechanical guages in my car because none of the stock ones were working , i cut holes to fit and yes there is a circuit board behind

·
Registered
334 Posts
why would you ruin your interior to put gauges in?? why would you put them in the vents especially if its a street car and if you are going for functionality whats wrong with the stock cluster...to anser your question its all one circuit board
does the stock guage cluster come with boost? fuel pressure? an accurate tach? an accurate anything?

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
ok ive been thinking that it would look clean to get rid of the guages off my dash and kind of hide them, would it be possible to cut out the stock rpm guage and fit the 5" aftermarket one in that slot?

or are the stock guages on a single circut board?
a 5in wont fit and you are going to **** a bunch of stuff up if you try to do this.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts