Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
290Rwhp/270Rwtq.. And what a 11 V6 looks and sounds like on a Dynojet

The second vid, the one that last 36 secs was a 5th gear pull which the guy got the car to 176!!!

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
HELL YEAH.

Watching now!!!

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
So your making 350HP @ the crank, which is 40HP more than that stock.

Stock: 252rwhp / 247rwtq (American Muscle's Dynojet results)

Your results: 290Rwhp / 270Rwtq

Not bad...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
not 300's :( and you have everything except gears...like myself and the gears will hurt numbers! Still good numbers though and i can't really complain!

176 :O if only are car could EVER get up there :p

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
We need direct fuel injection...

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Do you have competition of street series mufflers?

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
1st

Not every dyno is the same. Temperature, operator, exact octane, humidity, engine temp, differences in performance of engines, differences in the dynometer, etc all need to be factored in.

Oh yeah, even the tires can make it read differently.

Compare a winter tread 225 to a Direzza star spec 225 and the star spec will show more hp.

One reason why I do not use Mustang dyno's is because they read crazy low.

We do not know if those numbers are STD, SAE, corrected, smoothed, etc.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
But stanger has more hp than this guy and he had the same results. Not to mention this guy said the conditions were not very good. I just do not understand how two different people with the same setup get the same results but still lack hp to people with less mods.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Was that a Dynojet dyno?

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I have no idea

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
A different brand will show different power levels.

You cannot compare two dyno results to each other on different dynos and conditions. You can pretty much adjust for conditions, but you cannot adjust for different dynometer brands.

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Yeah, I didn't completely watch the vid but I don't think it was a Dynojet dyno, and he didn't mention anywhere in his comments or description that it was a Dynojet.

With other Dynos (NOT a Dynojet) like Alex said: They can tweak the settings to show results in FAVOR of HP/TQ. Its apples to mozarella sticks really. Don't trust dyno results that are NOT from Dynojets that do NOT have a before and after dyno.

They can be completely ambiguous.

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Yeah, I didn't completely watch the vid but I don't think it was a Dynojet dyno, and he didn't mention anywhere in his comments or description that it was a Dynojet.

With other Dynos (NOT a Dynojet) like Alex said: They can tweak the settings to show results in FAVOR of HP/TQ. Its apples to mozarella sticks really. Don't trust dyno results that are NOT from Dynojets that do NOT have a before and after dyno.

They can be completely ambiguous.
Well put. I was trying to put it in layman's terms. We would have to see the before and after dyno sheets.

·
I'm cool..
2,277 Posts
DI would just be a pain. For N/A it would be nice but if you want to go F/I then I would stick W/O DI for now.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Hmm oh well I just want to see some good quarters.

·
Absens haeres non erit
2,807 Posts
Merged the thread. Making this the home for dyno's and their comparisons.

Motor Trend's dyno:

3.7 ON THE DYNO

Ford says the 2011 Mustang V-6 makes 305 horsepower at 6500 rpm and 280 pound-feet at 4250 rpm. To check that number, we took the new 3.7 to our dyno shop of record, the research and development department at K&N Air Filters in Riverside, California. After examining the power peaks, K&N's techs suggested we use third gear pulls for 3.7-liter. Here's what we think is the most correct output figure for the new Mustang V-6:

2011 Mustang V-6 (3rd gear pull, 15% powertrain loss)
Claimed horsepower: 305 hp @ 6500 rpm
Claimed torque: 280 lb-ft @ 4250 rpm
Actual horsepower: 308 hp @ 6700 rpm
Actual torque: 287 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm

Read more: 2011 Ford Mustang V-6 Fuel Economy - Motor Trend

-ATG

1 - 20 of 28 Posts