Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are having trouble with your car, or want to make sure your MAF and fuel pump are not pegged, post up in this thread. We can analyze your current tune to spot any potential problems if you can datalog. (If we tuned your car then this stuff is already done!)

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
ummm Well the Cobra....Not tuned Yet that I know of.

It Will shut down after i hit it hard like run up to 120 and when i slow down it dies...

It will crank right back up....it's just not cool losing power steering at 50 mph.

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ummm Well the Cobra....Not tuned Yet that I know of.

It Will shut down after i hit it hard like run up to 120 and when i slow down it dies...

It will crank right back up....it's just not cool losing power steering at 50 mph.
I'm guessing that if its not tuned, you dont have a datalogger. If you do, post up a log. If you leave it in gear you should still have the steering and brakes (you mention steering, but not the impossible to slow down brakes?) If could be the FRPS on its way out. Does the car ever hesitate or nose over on hard shifts? Does it only happen after a multi-gear WOT pull? Have you done any home made ram air type of stuff? Is the maf in the fender well? If you keep it in gear is the gas pedal non responsive? Please describe it with as much detail as possible.

·
Premium Member
8,732 Posts
After a hard run at wot When I Push the clutch in to slow down say from 70 to 30 the engine will die.

It cranks right back up. But it's done this 4-5 times.

I thought it may be Fuel But I've gone through a few tanks of premium now so I don't it should be fuel related

·
Registered
599 Posts
the same exact thing would happen in my 97

·
Premium Member
4,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After a hard run at wot When I Push the clutch in to slow down say from 70 to 30 the engine will die.

It cranks right back up. But it's done this 4-5 times.

I thought it may be Fuel But I've gone through a few tanks of premium now so I don't it should be fuel related
If your maf is in the fender well sometimes you can get maf backwash from the air hitting the filter. This is a common problem when people pull the headlight out during racing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts