R/T:.307
60':1.722
330:4.971
1/8:7.631
MPH:93.41
1000:9.9330

ET: 11.861
MPH:116.98

Tuner, C&L CAI, lethal performance offroad xpipe, borla stinger axle backs, lower control arms, no backseats, and M&H drag radials at 19psi.

I just got koni shocks, struts, and ford k lowering springs...hopefully i can do better!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Stock 66 suspension and 235 60 15 Mickey DR's in a full weight street car. Still adjusting the progressive files to the new differential, but 1.52 or so is going to be the limit.

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
I'd put some Caltracs on it. Mine is a full weight street car too (3380 lb race weight), on stock suspension with Caltracs, and it's been 1.29. The 235 is a hurdle, but if the track has a good radial prep, they'll hold a 1.2x 60'.

Caltracs are the **** for leaf springs.

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
I don't get it?

Transbrake doesn't help the 60' if the converter is right. Mine 60's the same on the transbrake and the footbrake, consistently, which it should. The Tbrake is mostly for RT. beercan car? I'm not real sure what adding Caltracs has to do with any of that, but I was just offering some advice to get the 60' down.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Beer Can= Gutted to reduce weight. With its current weight it cannot maintain traction at the hit and 60 any lower than a 1.30 something. Bigger tire and you could, but not with the 235 and the weight on the stock suspension caltracs or not.

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
So you a don't feel Caltracs would help your 60'? Lol I guess I'm going to have to put the 235s on my car to show you, and we ran a 4.98 on 235s, in a different car, so I do know a little about getting them to work. Caltracs will definitely shorten up your 60' if you don't have them.

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
+1 on the caltracs.

When we didn't have the caltracs set right on my buddy's 68 Camaro the car would spin hard through second and break loose in 3rd. Once they were set in the car would hook in first. They help immensely, the car feels like the front lifts now.

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
My best 60' was actually on a set of 275 radials, although I've never had a set of 235s on my '69, but I'm pretty familiar with the tire. I'd bet that I could get it in the 1.3s and I don't use a progressive either. I smack it with all the nitrous from the hit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
You should be able to sixty at least a 1.0 something. I bow down to your superior knowledge of my car's suspension Caltracs are good, but not the be all end all and just because your car is so GREAT doesn't mean your stuff will always work on everybody else's set up. You have no idea how my car is run and what is and is not done to it. Your car runs great!! No doubt! BUT.... that doesn't mean you have insight into every combination. If it seems I am a little perturbed it's because you really come off as a pompous ass when you give out your recommendations. Some are good, but just because it worked for you doesn't make it THE perfect solution for somebody else.

How the hell do you know what my car SHOULD sixty when you don't know anything about it other than its a 66 with nitrous on 235's?

·