Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I am fairly new to this forum. My sister is getting a 01 Bullitt Mustang and I have been trying to find a good exhaust setup for her that sounds good to me. I wanted her to get electric cutouts but after hearing them on a Mustang I think I decided to go against them. I have only heard cutouts on a GTO and I fell in love! I'd want something similar to that! (I think I am more excited then her about the car)

So if you would please post your setup along with a video. I am clueless to this whole exhaust thing so bear with me if I am asking dumb questions.

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Stock manifolds,offroad x midpipe and pypes m80 mufflers.

Reactions: JBlack16

·
Registered
929 Posts
If she's getting an authentic Bullitt, I would wait to hear the factory system if you haven't already. From what I understand, the true Bullitts had a special tuned exhaust designed to sound like the original movie car. If you do get an aftermarket system, I would save the factory one. Some day they may actually be worth some money for restoration purposes. Kinda like the rev limiters on the old Boss 302's. Everyone took them off & threw them away.........now they're worth their weight in gold. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
stock mani's, prochamber midpipe, mac cb

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Are you interested in old school muscle sound or newer V8 noise? Here is what mine sounds like from outside and inside.
Looking for old school muscle sound, so I would need to get an H pipe correct?

If she's getting an authentic Bullitt, I would wait to hear the factory system if you haven't already. From what I understand, the true Bullitts had a special tuned exhaust designed to sound like the original movie car. If you do get an aftermarket system, I would save the factory one. Some day they may actually be worth some money for restoration purposes. Kinda like the rev limiters on the old Boss 302's. Everyone took them off & threw them away.........now they're worth their weight in gold. Just a thought.
Yes they do have factory tuned exhaust. The car is BONE stock with 42K miles, buying it from the original owner with the original window sticker laminated, the bullitt brochure, and even the BULLITT TAPE still in the shrink wrap! It has always been stored and never seen a day in the rain/snow. He was asking 15K for it but we told him 12.5K, still kinda pricey, but for all the paper work it is going to be well worth it. Even in the paper work he gave her yesterday he stated to her on a paper, keep in original condition, wash and wax it, take it to car shows. He said he will be checking up on her to make sure she is doing taking care of his "baby". I am very glad that my dad raised us to take care of our vehicles. It showed this time because he said he didn't want to sell it to anybody that wasn't going to take care of it! I will post pictures when we get it on Monday or Wednesday because the fuel pump went out on it and he wanted to get it replaced for her.

That brings me to my next question, when you get exhaust, you can keep the original exhaust that was on there but what does one need to do if you don't want them to cut any holes in the stock exhaust system? Do you have to get a full exhaust system?

Who knows, maybe she doesn't even need to mess with exhaust. I was thinking just for the sound when she pulled up at the stop light and they look over and wow its a chick! The only thing she should maybe do was tint all the windows.

THANKS TO ALL THAT POSTED VIDEOS!

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
That brings me to my next question, when you get exhaust, you can keep the original exhaust that was on there but what does one need to do if you don't want them to cut any holes in the stock exhaust system? Do you have to get a full exhaust system?

Who knows, maybe she doesn't even need to mess with exhaust. I was thinking just for the sound when she pulled up at the stop light and they look over and wow its a chick! The only thing she should maybe do was tint all the windows.

THANKS TO ALL THAT POSTED VIDEOS![/QUOTE]

You can get it done without cutting the exhaust you would basicly need a full replacement system though. The mid pipe unbolts from the maniflolds in the front and catback towards the middle then that can be taken out once you undo the o2 sensors. and the catback has to wiggle and turn over the rear axle to come out but you can also just chang out the midpipe to an o/r h if you want to keep the deep muscle car sound and keep the stock mufflers without them having to cut anything. The o/r H should open the sound on up thats if she doesnt like it as is.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Magnaflow catback and upr x pipe. Dont mind the music. This vid was taking about 2 yrs ago.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts