Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get a few parts(calipers/valve covers) Powder coated. Has anyone done this? If so what was the cost and how long did it take them to return the parts?

This is my DD so i can't drive it without the parts i want coated...

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
how would anyone on here know how busy your local powdercoater is? i would just call around. if you're on a local forum then check for a recommended powdercoater on there.

·
a.k.a. Racecougar
4,775 Posts
^^^Exactly.

I paid $70 to get my 4V valvecovers, front cover, and driverside coil bracket powdercoated. I dropped off the parts at his shop and picked them up a few days later.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
since we are on the subject some what lets talk about chrome. I have heard there are different kinds i.e. (cheap). Can anyone shed some light on having your intake and valve covers chromed? There were some guys at a show talking about "his chrome on the intake was coming off..."

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
$70 isn't bad for all of that and a few days turn around isn't bad either. I'll have to give my local shop a call and see what's up

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
it will vary like mustanginky said. my last axlebacks i paid $75 to have powder coated. the new axlebacks i had to pay $220 with about a 24hour turn around

1 - 6 of 6 Posts