Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Common sense isn't common
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I just picked up a powdercoating machine and a decent size little oven to start out with. I was thinking of things to powdercoat and thought id ask what everyone here would coat if they could on there cars?

so far I'm going to coat my new CC plates, steel valve covers (if theyll fit in my oven) nd my supercharger bracket.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
If you had a aluminum radiator cover, you could do that, your intake pipe, I would do my irs housing, you could do lug nuts rear diff cover. I'm sure there's more lol

·
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a beginner one from eastwood for small stuff since its just to play around with... This one

Edit: my dad has the 60 dollar one from harbor freight and even though mines smaller and a little nicer looking it is almost the exact same thing and I could have saved the 90 bucks. I am still happy with it so far though.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Sweet. I'd powder coat so much lol. Anything I could thing that would help looks good.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Nice thats cool, Id like to buy my own powdercoating machine and do that ****!

Timing cover/blower bracket/valve covers/alternator bracket/fuel rails/intercooler piping idk, bunch of ****

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
The list is perhaps endless and not limited to Mustangs. What ever you choose please post pictures. I'd love to see how it turns out.

P.S. There is a plating company about 7 miles from where I live. I've given them the first part to chrome. I'm waiting to see how it turns out before I commit to others (I'm thinking chrome valve covers would look nice.) But, they charge an arm and leg for custom parts.

·
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here's what im planning sooner or later:
This color:

-Vortech bracket
-CC plates
-Valve covers
-Fuel rails
-Alt. bracket
-My chrome fuse box cover
-Fuel tank brackets
-Lug nuts
-Springs

Does anyone think you could powedercoat the brake calipers? or would the oven mess up the pistons?

·
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
didnt know they came out. then again ive never looked at one to try to see if itd come out. awesome! then add calipers to the list eventually.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Here's what im planning sooner or later:
This color:

-Vortech bracket
-CC plates
-Valve covers
-Fuel rails
-Alt. bracket
-My chrome fuse box cover
-Fuel tank brackets
-Lug nuts
-Springs

Does anyone think you could powedercoat the brake calipers? or would the oven mess up the pistons?
That's a nice color

·
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok nvm that color is way to much work. chrome base powdercoat, then the blue, and then clear coat for it to look like that^

gonna order this color:

looks close enough and its a single stage.

·
super serious
6,254 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Ok nvm that color is way to much work. chrome base powdercoat, then the blue, and then clear coat for it to look like that^

gonna order this color:

looks close enough and its a single stage.
Not has hot as your previous idea, but you gotta start somewhere. Still will look good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts