Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that my car show obligation is over I am catching up on a few local friends cars, just got this powder work back for a friends 06 gt. Color is just amazing..

Tanks are the canton resevoirs for coolant and power steering and of course the cam covers:

·
Registered
743 Posts
Man that is soooo sweet. Can a mechanically challenged individual possibly complete something similar to that on his own or should he leave it to the more experienced person?

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can be done by the average joe for the most part. The person this car belongs to appreciates my attention to detail and the way I treat his car like my own. Rather than risk a scratch or ding on his nice new parts, he'd rather have me do it. I'll even have him watch so he can see how I go about it. Almost educational.

As for calling the show an obligation, I said that because that is what it became in the end. Prolly could have reworded, but in the end the hassle far out weighed the enjoyment, especially being in the midst of winter.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Man I got to get better friends...jk most are cool
Don't you want to leave the harsh winters for some peace and quiet in mid NC?
You can paint my stuff anyday

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well he'll compensate me for the services, of course, I have to be clear on that.. However he did get a severe cost savings for the powder work on my connection, so works out good for all of us in the end..

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, that must be a stunning engine bay. What else is done to the car?
Well, it's kinda more like what's not - honestly

After I put the Kenne Bell in, he blew the clutch literally a few days later.. So in went a Spec 2 and a brand new steel flywheel for the durability side of things. Problem was, the car was imobile so I had to do the work at his house. Loading my tools up and becoming a mobile guy.

All the other goodies - 9# boost, bmr lcs'a, bmr uca, 4.10's, spydershaft, M&H drag radials, prokit springs, Q1A shocks (I'm putting those in this weekend), hurst shifter, subframe connectors, he's a gauge freak - you name it it's in there, I had the kenne bell intake manifold polished, and powdered the rails the blue you see above. He liked the color so much he wanted the rest of these parts done.. Cosmetics, he's done the cdc front spoiler, GT500 rear spoiler, anthracite bullet wheels, lemans vinyl stripe over the car, and he has my old eleanor hood (still at my painter for the color change and the rock damage repair it sustained in the fall).

I'll get a few shots in here after I wrap up the engine bay for him Saturday..

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hope not off subject too much but how does he like the KB compared to your procharger?

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
that's some really nice powder coating work, bro...

·
Registered
291 Posts
hell yeah i like it to, but an average can get the same results. i have a craftsman powdercoater that works amazing... am doing my engine bay white like my exterior, the hardest part is finding an old stove you can use strickly for coating. bueatiful work Emay!! i wish i had metal valve cover so i could powder them but still have these gay plastic one haha...

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hope not off subject too much but how does he like the KB compared to your procharger?
He likes it, two totally different animals.. KB is quiet, not like a eaton, and nothing like a procharger.

He's also non-intercooled right now as his wife purchased the charger for him as a very early Christmas gift and was trying to keep the cost down for her. So he's not producing the full power potential of the blower.

He's had no complaints, and the intercooler will likely be purchased prior to spring...

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Emay we are definitally getting together this summer... I might have to take a couple days off work if you have a garage a can borrow for a few days up there ( and maybe a loaner while my car is torn apart... Elenor... ) j/k. But those parts look sick and would match my car perfect...

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
07blkgt, here's the photog I took while doing the blower install for him. In case you wanted to see how it all came together:

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/poweradders/36307-kenne-bell.html

Fast, bring her up.. Could try and punch through a rush on the powder. His clear technique is second to none and he buffs the parts for that high gloss your seeing. Not to mention, his color availability is limitless now. So you can do whatever you want colorwise, bring a swatch, he'll scan it and you get a perfect duplicate of that. I don't know any other powder guys taking that step. Generally you see the swatches they have, you pick "something close" to what you want.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts