Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have every bolt on power adder on my 2007 Mustang GT but I am only getting 315 to the wheels. Any thoughts on what else I can do to gain more power minus adding a blower or turbo. The blower or turbo will be a future mod but I was expecting more gains from the bolts on than what I am actually getting off the dyno.

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
first of all, dyno numbers are only numbers and there a bad variances in the industry. Take the car to the track and see what number it runs. That's where you find out what the car is made of.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Can someone make an animated gift that instead of saying "this thread is worthless without pics" it says "this thread is worthless without information"? This thread could use it.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
well what bolt ons do you have???

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Do you have any dyno runs before you added any bolt ons such as the usual intake and tune? I will assume you have a manual. If that is the case, I will say stock your car would dyno 265 RWHP. With what ever bolt ons you have, you gained 50 RWHP. Besides the usual bolt ons such as the fore mentioned intake and tune, if you also have L/T or cams, then I would be a little disappointed in those numbers.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
more info

I have a JLT CAI with 90 mm mas air, JBA long tube headers with off road h-pipe, BBK 62 mm throttle body, 4:10 gears, SCT tune from HP. I installed the intake and had it tuned and it was putting up 301 hp. I then added the the rest of the parts, and as I said in my first post I have pretty much every bolt-on for the car except a blower or turbo. The only other things I could imagine doing would be cams and charge motion delete plates.

·
Registered
102 Posts
you could do heads to with some nice cams and those pullys will make it rev faster and with a few more ponies. there was a big difference in mine when i did cams and plates i say its worth the time and money

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
I have a JLT CAI with 90 mm mas air, JBA long tube headers with off road h-pipe, BBK 62 mm throttle body, 4:10 gears, SCT tune from HP. I installed the intake and had it tuned and it was putting up 301 hp. I then added the the rest of the parts, and as I said in my first post I have pretty much every bolt-on for the car except a blower or turbo. The only other things I could imagine doing would be cams and charge motion delete plates.
I think everyones point is that you are trapping 112...A dyno measures hp by acceleration in the end right? Trap speed is acceleration right? Kinda the same thing. 112 is a pretty good MPH for a bolt on 3v. Like ask before whats your 60ft to go with that ET and MPH. I would say you are making good power forget the dyno. Is that a consitent MPH for you?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I also do have pullies on the car. The 112 trap was on a good night and does vary but that may be from driver error. I have had 60 ft times from 1.8 to 2.1 which can be improved on. I only have H&R lowering springs on it suspension wise and I'm planning more suspension mods in the future. I just thought what what I have read by adding those bolt-on my hp would be some where near 350-360.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
I also do have pullies on the car. The 112 trap was on a good night and does vary but that may be from driver error. I have had 60 ft times from 1.8 to 2.1 which can be improved on. I only have H&R lowering springs on it suspension wise and I'm planning more suspension mods in the future. I just thought what what I have read by adding those bolt-on my hp would be some where near 350-360.
The MPH varies by what? Takes a really bad run for my MPH to vary. On street tires I could run a 12.90 at 111 with a 1.9x 60. On DR's I could run a 12.50 at 111! with a 1.80 sixty.

350 to 360 from bolt ons. Not going to happen. You good where you are. With underdrive pulleys, steeda 90mm cai, splice in x pipe, 93 tune i was at 310 std cf on a dynojet.

Long tubes adding maybe 12 to 15 tops. Your straight.

·
Registered
509 Posts
yea ur good man i made 312 withmy mods on 105 degree day.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
i have ran a 15.79 supercharged at 105 but i broke my slicks loose and never got out of 3rd.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts