Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
two things.

1. my mycolor seems to be dimmer now...is this a sign my battery needs to be replaced?!?

and this has to do with HID's...and what you guys think!

Would 5k headlights and 3k fog lights look good? ive seen them on the 99-04 and think it looks great...just wondering about ours?

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
The cluster would not be the first thing that you noticed, dim headlamps would likely be noticed first. How do those look when you have them on?

I run 5300k hids and wouldn't got any hotter because the hue in color is not my taste. That's my personal feeling on the subject not the gospel.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cluster would not be the first thing that you noticed, dim headlamps would likely be noticed first. How do those look when you have them on?

I run 5300k hids and wouldn't got any hotter because the hue in color is not my taste. That's my personal feeling on the subject not the gospel.
I have HID now with 10k :sorry and want to change them out that's why i ask!

they seem fine...they seem to flicker more on startup....

SO you run 5300k all across?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool...ima try it out!

gonna replace my battery just to see if that does the trick....

thanks

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
cool...ima try it out!

thanks
Why don't you get it tested, most part stores do it for free. I would guess the alternator befor the battery. You can get that tested for free as well.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
agreed ^^^

·
Registered
889 Posts
cool...ima try it out!

thanks
Do you have any aftermarket sound system components such as bass installed?

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Your dash lights (LED's) draw such little amperage, I wouldn't use that as a low voltage indicator. The brightness of the LED's will be one of the last things effectec by a low voltage situation.

Flickering HID's is more likely a ballast issue than anything else. I run 4300K HID's in both my headlights and fogs. They are the whitest and produce more lumens than any other color. It is also closest color to natural light.

·
Registered
789 Posts
I have to ask the obvious... the adjustment knob for how bright the dash lights are on on the brightest setting right? I've done that before when my leg hit the knob thingy and I didn't realize why my dash lights were so dim.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have to ask the obvious... the adjustment knob for how bright the dash lights are on on the brightest setting right? I've done that before when my leg hit the knob thingy and I didn't realize why my dash lights were so dim.
Exactly what I was thinking...check the dimmer switch!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts