Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, rumor has it I may be able to put some 4V heads on my 2V block. If that is true. I want to know. What kind of power could I get out of a High Compression 4V. I maybe rebuilding my engine here in not too long, and I want to know if I need reliefs cutt in to the pistons for a stage 2 cam? and if I got a stage 2 port and polish, if I would need to bore the cylinders. Anyone know the answers to these?

·
Registered
387 Posts
you should do a search and you would be better off getting a tremi from a 2003-2004 mustang cobra get the tranny too its a 6er and it wont have to be built up unless you want tons of power...like in the 1000hp range

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Or I can do the work my self, and not have to change anything in the driveline except the pistons and heads. And save my self a few G's. I don't want much more than maybe 400whp. That would be plenty.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
to get 400RWHP NA on a 4V its going to require C heads, and intake (99/01 cobra or 03/04 MACH) they're going to need to be ported, stage 3 cams, ported intake, full exhaust, and a damn good tune, and your at 400RWHP.

but keep in mind, cams, springs, and porting heads alone is going to run you $3K

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
N/A power is good, but FI is the best way to go on our modular engines

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The problem with going FI, is that I have to sped 5 or 6K to have an acceptible set up. I'm not buying some centri POS. I want either a roots twin screw blower, or a good turbo set up. But to get the turbo I have to convert my K member. And to get the KB i'm in 5G's to get to 450hp. I would love that, but I don't feel like spending that much since I have a feeling 350 or 400 hp would be plenty. I want a road race car, not a dragster. Show me a way I can throw an Eaton on and make 420 with my 2V heads, I'm sold. But I don't see any good kit that is worth making that jump. When for half that I can get into the 350-400 range.

·
Registered
274 Posts
The problem with going FI, is that I have to sped 5 or 6K to have an acceptible set up. I'm not buying some centri POS. I want either a roots twin screw blower, or a good turbo set up. But to get the turbo I have to convert my K member. And to get the KB i'm in 5G's to get to 450hp. I would love that, but I don't feel like spending that much since I have a feeling 350 or 400 hp would be plenty. I want a road race car, not a dragster. Show me a way I can throw an Eaton on and make 420 with my 2V heads, I'm sold. But I don't see any good kit that is worth making that jump. When for half that I can get into the 350-400 range.
Not quite so true on the price for a supercharger....I'm looking into getting a KB this spring- twin screw type and it's 3800 for the whole setup! And if you have an ebay account save a search on a particular supercharger that you are looking for because they go through there a lot more than on thinks...

·
Registered
274 Posts
o didn't read ur post enough...ur kit would cost 5k? :eek:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
5K is from them directly I believe. I'd have to look again to check on the price.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The other reason I didn't want to get FI, was I don't want to be running around town with 9-10 mpg. I need to keep regular mileage. I dont' plan on changing my gears from stock.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The kit is 5K for the supercharger with the intercooler. I would think that is what I would get. Don't want to be running around with a supercharger at 6 psi when I could be at 9 without problems.

·
Registered
274 Posts
The kit is 5K for the supercharger with the intercooler. I would think that is what I would get. Don't want to be running around with a supercharger at 6 psi when I could be at 9 without problems.
Wow sucks to have that price...I thought mine was high enough...:confused:

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
You best bet would be to do a full PI swap with a blower.

A centri blower isn't a POS, it is the powerband is similar to a turbo.

A blower won't make your gas mileage go to ****. When you make that much HP you need more fuel, n/a or FI. With the PI swap and a blower you would be right around 420 rwhp. It isn't worth the money or the time to put an Eaton from a termie on a 2V. The PI swap and a blower would get you right around where you want to be. No need for 4V heads. It is an expensive swap, and you can get what you are looking for with 2V heads.

Paxton NOVI-2000 *POLISHED* System for 1998 4.6L Ford Mustang GT [1001811-P] - $3,877.95

·
Registered
106 Posts
to get 400RWHP NA on a 4V its going to require C heads, and intake (99/01 cobra or 03/04 MACH) they're going to need to be ported, stage 3 cams, ported intake, full exhaust, and a damn good tune, and your at 400RWHP.

but keep in mind, cams, springs, and porting heads alone is going to run you $3K
3K...thats on the low side..:eek:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
But for a road course kid of guy, which I am. The centri blower is not the correct set up. The flat torque curve is the goal. The Centri does not have a flat torque curve at all. Turbo's also give a flat torque curve since they can reach full boost at 4000rpm and then maintain that all the way to redline. The only way a centri can do that is with a BOV and that still syphons alot of power. Better to get a roots or a turbo.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
if your road racing, your going to want a twin screw because it will be giving you instant power coming out of curves and corners. It is hard to gauge a turbo/centri powerband on a road course. Trust me, I know first hand.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts