Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am a new member but have owned mustangs for 26 years. Always a great pick for a muscle car. I currently have a 2015 Mustang GT performance package with 18000 miles, six speed manual, dark blue. The car is great. best muscle car I have ever owned.. But,,,, Last month after a cars and coffee meet I was looking at the same model car with the power pack 2 installed. The owner loved the performance gains. So I purchased the same power pack and installed it. I have been very impressed with the results. The only issue is if I hit the gas hard and launch from a stop it has a few flat spots in the acceleration. Almost like the computer is not fast enough to keep up with the air fuel mixture. I have also put on a borla ford performance exhaust including X pipe prior to installing the power pack 2. My question is what could be causing the flat spots, can I or the dealer fix this issue and has anyone else had this problem after installing the ford power pack 2.. Any help would be great

·
Bo Baustin
13,134 Posts
Hello I am a new member but have owned mustangs for 26 years. Always a great pick for a muscle car. I currently have a 2015 Mustang GT performance package with 18000 miles, six speed manual, dark blue. The car is great. best muscle car I have ever owned.. But,,,, Last month after a cars and coffee meet I was looking at the same model car with the power pack 2 installed. The owner loved the performance gains. So I purchased the same power pack and installed it. I have been very impressed with the results. The only issue is if I hit the gas hard and launch from a stop it has a few flat spots in the acceleration. Almost like the computer is not fast enough to keep up with the air fuel mixture. I have also put on a borla ford performance exhaust including X pipe prior to installing the power pack 2. My question is what could be causing the flat spots, can I or the dealer fix this issue and has anyone else had this problem after installing the ford power pack 2.. Any help would be great
I've heard there is a little fine tuning needed for those power packs.

Your best option would be to call Ford Performance and talk to them about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts