Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should i make my own power pipe, buy a anderson or run a low profile filter on my P1? Reps for pics of homemade units

·
Registered
972 Posts
Everyone here will say build your own. Its cheaper and fits better.

I just got everything to build mine and it cost like 105 (shipping included)

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
idk afm blower powerpipe is a really nice piece. Worth the money IMO. Idk bout procharger, but Seems to do job with my v3 si-trim still at 10psi with 3" 3-core piping and front mount on stock 3.6" pulley

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
fyi.... Anderson's is not worth the money. So darn cheap, and fits like poo. Wish I had got a Kurgan powerpipe. or made my own.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Make your own or buy a KMS or MPH pipe. I have a KMS aluminum pipe which was $225 a few years back. MPH pipe is plastic and costs $180.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Vortech plastic intakes are so restrictive its not funny. They suck. I think reason why Prochargers dont pick up much from them, is because there plastic intakes flow decent. Vortech's dont.

I made my own, all I did was buy

Reducer Elbow

Youll have to trimp that alittle bit. I trimmed the 3.5" end about an inch.

Then this

Aluminum Pipe

Same thing, I cut about 2-3" off that.

Then a 6" or 8" long Spectre filter from autozone. And my car picked up a good amount from it. And I can really hear the blower spinning at high RPM's. Before with the plastic vortech intake, I couldnt hear it, and I didnt make close to as much power as I did with this.

Also, plastic Vortech intake vs just a spectre filter coming right off the blower, both dont flow at all. Both flow like ****, I made a dyno pass with the plastic Vortech intake, made 378rwhp, then took it off, put the filter on the head unit (just the filter) and made 379rwhp. That was at 10psi. At 9.5psi, with the homemade powerpipe I made 394rwhp. It would have been over 400rwhp if my tuner revved the car more, but I had spark blowout

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Dyno sheet of stock vortech intake vs spectre filter coming right off the blower, these were back to back runs. 10psi and 16* of timing

Dyno sheet of home made power pipe at 9.5psi and only 13* of timing, and with methanol at 17* of timing

Clearly a big difference. Especially that 394rwhp was only 13* of timing and .5lb of boost less.

Reactions: ruger226

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks guys i have another intake question also. Did anyone keep their fog lights fith a fmic? because im mocking mine up right now and it looks like im going to have to ditch my fogs.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I took a dremel and trimmed the housing, just kept cutting mine til I got it to fit.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I have/had 0 issues with one on my vortech, maybe its a procharger thing? they seem to be the only ones that complain with em?
it's really not awful but 250 bucks for some cheap aluminum with a sticker on it. I figured, oh this thing is gonna have some nice fitment and etc, etc. But every since I have had it the rubber coupler that goes on my procharger just hasn't fit... I hate it really lol. Finally spent 20 bucks and will have one that fits in a few days..

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
the AFM procharger setup is kinda junk. like mustang girl said, it just falls off the inlet lip of the blower. it's because they give you a 4" inlet elbow and it's a 3.75" inlet. you can only clamp it down so much before it starts rolling off. for $250 it's garbage. i had to fit a 3.5" rubber straight piece to it and then clamp the power pipe down to that.

if you feel comfortable doing it, make your own.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I spent like $65 making mine. Even used ones are like $150-175.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
i was just referring to the other post or link or whatever that said it cost 100$

i saw a used one on another forum for 120

1 - 20 of 21 Posts