Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO, this thread is a response to any car who comes on this forum and wants to rattle on about their car being better. I'm not saying there aren't other cars out there that are better, but they are not easy to find.

I hate when people come on talking about their idunno... RX8, And tell everyone how they are pushing 400whp. Do they know what it takes to make 400whp on a mustang. With a Cobra, it takes a pully and a tune. Less than $500 worth of mods, and a gt can do it with a supercharger kit. So $3K. I looked up for kicks, what it takes to get an RX8 to 400+ whp. You have to rebuild the whole stupid thing, and a turbo kit that only gets you to 320rwhp is $8k.

Do people realize what we can do with $8k. I could be in the 10 second 650+ whp range. The bang for your buck on a mustang is damn hard to beat. Yes there are faster cars, and yes there are better designed cars, but we are not comparing a $25k new mustang to a $70K new supra, or a $20K rx8 with $10k in mods. Let me put my turbo on and I'll race any tuner that roles up next to me. My stock 97GT kept up just fine with a stage 2 wrx. A mustang is a drag car, but if you think you're so light and agile, i'll wax your ass on a road course. and if you really want to SINK to my lvl, i'll meet your ass in the Canyon.

·
Registered
141 Posts
SO, this thread is a response to any car who comes on this forum and wants to rattle on about their car being better. I'm not saying there aren't other cars out there that are better, but they are not easy to find.

I hate when people come on talking about their idunno... RX8, And tell everyone how they are pushing 400whp. Do they know what it takes to make 400whp on a mustang. With a Cobra, it takes a pully and a tune. Less than $500 worth of mods, and a gt can do it with a supercharger kit. So $3K. I looked up for kicks, what it takes to get an RX8 to 400+ whp. You have to rebuild the whole stupid thing, and a turbo kit that only gets you to 320rwhp is $8k.

Do people realize what we can do with $8k. I could be in the 10 second 650+ whp range. The bang for your buck on a mustang is damn hard to beat. Yes there are faster cars, and yes there are better designed cars, but we are not comparing a $25k new mustang to a $70K new supra, or a $20K rx8 with $10k in mods. Let me put my turbo on and I'll race any tuner that roles up next to me. My stock 97GT kept up just fine with a stage 2 wrx. A mustang is a drag car, but if you think you're so light and agile, i'll wax your ass on a road course. and if you really want to SINK to my lvl, i'll meet your ass in the Canyon.

ummm what? Ok, I love mustangs dont get me wrong, but what import owner pissed in your corn flakes? 1.You WILL spend more then 3k getting a 2v gt to 400 WHP. 2. You can easily find a good condition supra for 38 to 45k. I know thats alot more then your sn95 there. However it isnt no damn 70k, granted there are supra's that are priced that high out there. LOL, but the same goes with mustangs. And 3. LOL, there are alot of cars that will wax your ass and mine in a road course. Mustangs, arent really built to be road course cars...i.e. solid axle and what not. You can build them to be, but it all comes down to preference. Almost anything car can be built to be quick with money and knowledge. I think you need to calm down a little,.....and are you going to go Tokyo drift some ricer in a canyon??? :no

·
Banned
2,403 Posts

ok, first off, evo, and RX8 boy were just two ****'s that were bored at school in Media, PA and were obviously fanboy's.

also, a 03/04 cobra with a catback only will dyno over 400RWHP.

so dont let those two little **** that dont even own cars come on here and get you all pissy. a mustang is lightyears ahead of a RX8, and a cobra is ahead of a EVO.

anybody that knows cars knows, and fears the 03/04 cobra. theres just no way to tell weather they are a mid 12 second car with just a catback, or if they're a 700+WHP one on a race tune running a high boost twin screw.

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
ok, first off, evo, and RX8 boy were just two ****'s that were bored at school in Media, PA and were obviously fanboy's.
I guess I missed it. Is there a thread I can check out?

Also, I would just like to take the time to rattle on about how great my car is.

My car is great...that is all...

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Mustangs arent built to be road course cars? Wonder why they have dominated trans am racing for 3 years straight now? The mustang chasis is a great platform for road racing. Stock, the mustangs come without some stuff you would want on a road course to keep cost down, so what!

I agree with what he said. The sticker on my car was 29800, for less then 6000 grand in mods and can and HAVE owned nissans, hondas, and evo's on road course's. That cost 35000 stock. And I still have my solid axle.

The funny thing about all this is that mustang were never meant to be 1/4 mile cars if you look at the history of them. somehow drag racers just conficscated them.

From day one until now mustang's continue to win road races at a level that most foreign car companies can only dream of.

After all, what kind of racing do you think Shelby, Saleen, Parnelli and Roush were doing?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Mustangs arent built to be road course cars? Wonder why they have dominated trans am racing for 3 years straight now? The mustang chasis is a great platform for road racing. Stock, the mustangs come without some stuff you would want on a road course to keep cost down, so what!

I agree with what he said. The sticker on my car was 29800, for less then 6000 grand in mods and can and HAVE owned nissans, hondas, and evo's on road course's. That cost 35000 stock. And I still have my solid axle.

The funny thing about all this is that mustang were never meant to be 1/4 mile cars if you look at the history of them. somehow drag racers just conficscated them.

From day one until now mustang's continue to win road races at a level that most foreign car companies can only dream of.

After all, what kind of racing do you think Shelby, Saleen, Parnelli and Roush were doing?

Right, as I said you can build them to be great road course cars. If you would like I can pull up some information on the matter. Stock for stock mustangs dont dominate 350z, evos, sti's, s2k's, and the like. It is in fact the other way around. Not talking **** on mustangs, I love mine. But lets be honest here. Maybe I mispoke when I said they werent built to be road race cars. Stock for stock the leave something to be desired if you plan on going up against the aformentioned cars. You CAN build them to overtake these cars as you claim to have done though.

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Wow... that was a real interesting thread the evo **** put up. Someone, get him off the Playstation...

Mustangs have been phenomenal track cars throughout their history. It's where their heritage lies. However, this is often overlooked for their drag racing abilities.

+1 07STANGGT.

·
Registered
303 Posts

+1

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, I know that our cars don't handle great on the road course stock, but they are alot better than most people give em credit for. I put my stang when it was stock through the paces up in the canyon. I didn't hang with my friends 350z or my other buddies modded wrx. But with less than 2K in suspension mods. I can tell you right now, there isn't much outside of the $80K price range that corners like my car now. I know, i've raced em through the twisties. The biggest flaw in my suspension is the stock seats.

I'll race any AWD car that wants to line up and I don't have anything more than a CAI and Exhaust on my 97GT. And I still beat em, cause they got **** for hp due to the AWD. And the ones to can beat me are soo ticked it was close its worth it. And I'm totally stock aside from exhaust and CAI. I just wish people would think before they speak. Everyone that knows their **** knows that any car can be fast, its just a question of how much $. And some cars are cheaper to get there than others. Line my car up next to that RX8 or EVO, we will let the ladies decide which sounds and looks better. So far...

4cyl < American Muscle and even Super Sequential Blow Off Valve is not > than a good V8 rumble.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Wow... that was a real interesting thread the evo **** put up. Someone, get him off the Playstation...

Mustangs have been phenomenal track cars throughout their history. It's where their heritage lies. However, this is often overlooked for their drag racing abilities.

+1 07STANGGT.
+1 Originally mustangs were built to compete against the British sports cars. But with the introduction of all the high HP, big cube V8s, the Mustang was transformed into a drag car through Mach 1, Cobra, Shelby GTs, BOSS, etc...

·
Registered
2 Posts
SO, this thread is a response to any car who comes on this forum and wants to rattle on about their car being better...

I can tell you right now, there isn't much outside of the $80K price range that corners like my car now.....

I'll race any AWD car that wants to line up and I don't have anything more than a CAI and Exhaust on my 97GT. And I still beat em, cause they got **** for hp due to the AWD...
ModMustang97 are serious? I don't even know where to start. First I guess, what are you so fed up with? So a couple kids trashtalk about their favorite cars online..UH OH, someone call the police!

If you think that your $2,000 in suspension mods makes it able to out handle any car under 80K you either A) have no idea what you can get for under $80,000 (think C6Z, STI, 911's, heck even a 3900lb GT500 for tha matter)

or B) Have never even driven, let alone gone for a ride in these types of cars.

You say that'll you'll race any AWD car that will line up against you? Even with your mods, you have a mid 14sec at BEST. Non-PI 4.6s are some of the slowest V8 mustangs ever produced. Not exaclty setting the world on fire are you? My neighbors Honda Accord would show you tail lights for god's sake! If you like and enjoy your car, that's all that matters, but at least know what it's capable of (such as beating a stg.2 WRX-did he know you were racing?)

Oh, I forgot no AWD car will be able to take you thanks to their "**** HP due to AWD"..They only loose about 5% more than you through the drivetran..A significant figure no doubt, but a pointless arguement nonetheless when the OP has under 200rwhp..

Also, like other's have said, you can't get 400rwhp from a GT for $3,000..I agree it can be done comparitivaly cheap. But not that cheap.

In short, I'd just like to say you have very little of an idea about what you're talking about...Learn to be an automotive fan, not a fanboy...Just because you love and drive mustangs doesn't mean you have to hate imports.

I look foward to hearing from you.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
modmustang97.... idc what you say... you will not ever wax an evo on a road course, thats what they're made for... that and rally.

I do agree on mustang gts being the best bang for buck. Cheap ass V8 Sports cars that can be HIGHLY modified and easily be pushed to or past 650rwhp with forged internals and a s/c or t/c all with about 6-12k depending on what kind of forced induction you want.

Termi's even better bang for buck than gt's... can be pushed past 800+ rwhp on the stock internals.... all with about 10k

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Apparently he has never looked in to german engineering. My dad's BMW 645 will out handle, outrun, and do it being twice as comfortable and looking good. Then again that is comparing a 30k mustang to 100k car, but all I can say is hydraulic suspension is amazing.

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
Apparently he has never looked in to german engineering. My dad's BMW 645 will out handle, outrun, and do it being twice as comfortable and looking good. Then again that is comparing a 30k mustang to 100k car, but all I can say is hydraulic suspension is amazing.

he said for the best bang for the bucks though dude....you can have a 650rwhp mustang for under 40k

1 - 20 of 67 Posts