Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of a place to find what is the max amount of horse power the S197 engine can handle safely without building the bottom end. I am looking for something that lays it all out there.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
This issue has been beaten to death.

"450rwhp"

"500+ with a safe tune. been doing if it for x years"

"450 better safe then sorry"

"depends on the tune"

"depends on how you drive the car"

"i know plenty of guys running 520 stock bottom end"

"my freind blew up at 426rwhp"

"depends on the amount of boost"

Get a blower if you want one and set a performance goal not a hp goal.

Put it to you this way there are guys in the 10s on the stock bottom end. Way past the point of needing a roll bar.

·
Registered
194 Posts
/Thread

·
Registered
489 Posts
You forgot the correct syntax. j/k lol

about the power. Take it from someone who has blown 2 engine from F/I that you shouldn't even think about unless you can afford to rebuild the engine. With that said use the search button. its out their.

[/end ="Thread"]

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
are the 3v stock bottems stronger than the 2v's?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
True that damn it!!

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
answer my ? damnit

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
answer my ? damnit
LOL. I dont know. im n/a so not worried about the limits of the bottom end. A blown 2ver would know. its a different block, different pistons, different rings, crank doesnt matter becuase they both can handle a lot, rods are different, heads are different, cams are different. Different motor.

·
Genibus Nitito Canus
2,947 Posts
LOL. I dont know. im n/a so not worried about the limits of the bottom end. A blown 2ver would know. its a different block, different pistons, different rings, crank doesnt matter becuase they both can handle a lot, rods are different, heads are different, cams are different. Different motor.
dont u spray?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

"450rwhp"

"depends on the tune"

Okay where did you find this not that I wouldn't take your word for but I heard many different hp numbers.

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
Okay where did you find this not that I wouldn't take your word for but I heard many different hp numbers.

Where did I find what?

My point was you will find many different opinions on this. I was just qouting things that I have heard. You have people on this site with over 500hp on the stock bottom end. Emay, nastystang, probably some others. ask them.

Do you have a performance goal you want to acheive? Or you just want to max out the highest possible HP rating.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
are the 3v stock bottems stronger than the 2v's?
Not necessarily stronger, but they will make more horsepower safely because it is a much more efficient head design and takes lower boost numbers to reach a certain horsepower number.

Figure 10psi from a procharger on an other wise stock 2v will net you between 380-400rwhp, whereas 10psi from the same blower on a 3v will get you 450-470rwhp.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts

"450rwhp"

"depends on the tune"

"my freind blew up at 426rwhp"

"depends on the amount of boost"

Get a blower if you want one and set a performance goal not a hp goal.

Put it to you this way there are guys in the 10s on the stock bottom end. Way past the point of needing a roll bar.
That sums it up right there. Use SEARCH and that is what you will read.

I'm running 476 right now. It is holding together so far. :eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts