Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
driving home today, i noticed something wrong with my steering. it seems as though the power steerin is knocked out whenever i am sitting still. i can barely turn the steering wheel whenever i am not moving. however, when i start driving, the steering works...not as well as in the past before it was like this, but i can steer, just not quite 100%. another thing that happened today is that my shifter is all screwed up. i put a steeda tri-ax shifter in it, and it made it nice and tight when i shifted, and when the shifter was in gear, it barely moved around....now it moves all over the place and is really loose, worse than when it was stock...i don't know what happened to my transmission for this to happen, it shifts like my old saturn coupe = (

i really need some help to diagnose these problems b/c i have very little free time due to my engineering major, studyin and all my school **** and i really need to get this fixed. along with replacing the tires, plugs, and rear brakes

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Did you check your p/s fluid? Double check the bolts on your shifter to make sure they didnt come loose, and make sure you got the correct shifter

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i checked the shifter right after i posted earlier, thinkin that the handle bolts might be loose, concluded that i am retarded, and then i tightened them up.

but as for the steering pump, i am SOL. i am pretty sure it is shot to hell. i can barely park the car, i can only really steer whenever i am moving like 5mph or faster. if i try creeping through a busy parkin lot and turn to pull into a spot, the steering does not work at all. proly goin to have to bust out the haynes manuel and replace it. if anyone has any experience with replacing it or similar problems, let me know

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh, i checked the fluid too, its is fine

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
its not too bad...messy because its on the bottom but not bad..one bolt is a bitch but thats it, cheap too since our resevoir is remote

·
Registered
303 Posts
ps pump might be goin bad...try reving while stopped and see if that helps turn...could be early signs of ps goin out...just my 2 cents

1 - 7 of 7 Posts