Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought and installed the Moroso aluminum power steering tank to match my coolant tank. I also have billet aluminum caps for everything (oil, brake reservoir, etc...). My billet cap for the power steering doesn't fit this new tank, has anyone found a way to use an aftermarket cap?

I've done a search and it would appear that as of a year ago there was no answer to this question. I didn't know if someone had thought of or found something that works since then.

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
Doesn't the moroso PS tank come with a cap? I know the Degas bottle/coolant tank, you're supposed to use the factory cap, but I would have assumed the PS tank came with a cap.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It comes with a black cap with "Moroso" on the top but it doesn't match the rest of my billet caps under the hood. The stock cap does not fit this tank. I would be happy if I could at least find a coolant tank cap that matches the one that came with the power steering tank. The power steering cap from Moroso by itself just looks out of place among the rest of what's under the hood

·
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.
7,889 Posts
Get some chrome paint, scuff the plastic up with some 500 grit. Then 1000, 1500 and finally 2000 grit. Wipe it clean with some acetone and throw 3-4 coats of paint on it. Won't match perfect but it will look a hell of a lot better than the black!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts