Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Use motorcraft mercon atf correct? How much would it take to do a full flush?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just a ? why would you put automatic transmission fluid in a power steering resevoir?

Just regular power steering fluid. Not exactly sure on how to flush power steering fluid, im sure someone on here knows. I dont think the fluid gets to dirty in there.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
fluid can get absolutely black in there so def. a good idea to flush when dirty...

not sure how much it would take though...

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
Just a ? why would you put automatic transmission fluid in a power steering resevoir?

Just regular power steering fluid. Not exactly sure on how to flush power steering fluid, im sure someone on here knows. I dont think the fluid gets to dirty in there.
Because its basically same thing.I also used tranny, fluid Flushing it is pretty self explanatory you want to add fluid to the Res and run it through the Rack and all the lines to flush it out at the lowest point so it can run through the entire system.And the fluid can get pretty nasty in there haven't this problem on my own vehicles but i have seen some nasty stuff out of other's.

Im not to sure on home much it would take to flush it but i would buy the cheapest stuff you can get your hands on and try not to make a mess and then put some half decent fluid in there when your done the flush

·
Registered
282 Posts
^^ the actual power steering fluid is cheaper though. I would think that the viscositys are different between the two also. If it works it works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.