Modded Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my power steering pump is extremly noisy. i checked the fluid and its full. so i was like WTF? so i took it down and had a full system flush so now its full of all brand new fluid and its still noisy. i can hear oit every where i drive. i dont think ive ever heard a 99+ mustang whine like this so i was thinking of buying a new pump from ford for the later model and bolt her on but i dunno if i can orif it will change anything? anyone else had this problem or know how to fix it?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
change the pulley that helps

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
yes.. we r noisy.. and the synchros on the 5spd wohoo noisiest i heard also

we r special and love to moan like a dying whale thats all :D

·
Registered
587 Posts
mine was making some really funky noises about three months after i got my car...a bottle of lucas power steering fluid fixed it within two days...if it doesn't help, it's not a bad thing to have

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
well i wanna add something.. the stock one is already loud..

but if urs get like annoying well check it its loud but it isnt supposed to be like i hear it 1 block away loud

·
Registered
587 Posts
heh, and whatever you do, don't be like some guy i know and let it get to the point where it sounds like there's 30 birds dying in there...that's when it's gone too far and needs to get some serious help, lol

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
i dont hear mine... :dunno

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea I have a 97 5 speed and its real damn noisy but I have never ran into another mustang with a noise problem even my moms 2000 5 speed I never heard the pump I dunno I should try the Lucas

·
Registered
3,579 Posts
well i just hear my pump when steering... if its moaning/whining till death it could be two things:

1)its bad
2)you midget is having a orgasm :wtf

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
their even loud on the new ones man, but i think imma try that lucas to see if it helps, see it all the time and never even thought to use it lol.

·
Registered
981 Posts
i dumped the whole bottle in and the noise went do but thats all, and a couple of days later it went back to the old noisy self

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
i dumped the whole bottle in and the noise went do but thats all, and a couple of days later it went back to the old noisy self
change pulley :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
1998 mustang power steering pump

I have a 98 mustang v6 3.8 liter and the power steering pump is soooo freaking loud. Ive replace it 3 times... does anyone know why? Its very annoying and that car is my baby! Please help!

·
Raging Mad Motherfucker
1,050 Posts
DUDE This post is from 2008. Check before you post...this is a bad way to start your time here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.