Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i took a lesson from the off road guys!

i have gotten a 20lb co2 bottle regulator and 50ft hose
so at the track i can change tires air up and down tires and take a few other air tools with me

i know a cordless impact dose work but after the battery goes dead at the track it kinda sucks so thats why i am a downer on the batttery option although i will be taking it for a back up

a 20lb co2 bottle will run my ir impact gun a minimum of 45 mins of continuous use

in the spring gonna pick up one of the small trailers from harbor freight and mount a truck tool box and a mount system to hold my racing wheels put a trailer hitch on the mach and wire up the lights

·
Banned
1,232 Posts
ok so i took a lesson from the off road guys!

i have gotten a 20lb co2 bottle regulator and 50ft hose
so at the track i can change tires air up and down tires and take a few other air tools with me

i know a cordless impact dose work but after the battery goes dead at the track it kinda sucks so thats why i am a downer on the batttery option although i will be taking it for a back up

a 20lb co2 bottle will run my ir impact gun a minimum of 45 mins of continuous use

in the spring gonna pick up one of the small trailers from harbor freight and mount a truck tool box and a mount system to hold my racing wheels put a trailer hitch on the mach and wire up the lights
There is no way in hell that tank runs your gun for 45 minutes, I own a tire store and have over 300 galons of air and it takes minutes to drop the PSI in half..

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
There is no way in hell that tank runs your gun for 45 minutes, I own a tire store and have over 300 galons of air and it takes minutes to drop the PSI in half..
can you send some tires this way? :shiftyeyes

·
( o )( o )
276 Posts
Is the battery no good on your impact gun? Just charge the battery (night before) or just bring an extra one to the track. My Snap-On 1/2" impact is 10yrs old and can still take a full days of abuse on a single charge. Just seems like more of a PITA to lug around a 20# bottle of Co2.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well since you are obviously a smart guy so you remember physics class that a liquid is much more dense than a gas. and you obviosly know that that o2 compressed in your compressor is a gas not a liquid and the co2 in the bottle in is in liquid state. and for most people out there know that impact guns run a given cfm at a given psi so in my case is 4.2 at 90 psi and if you were too run it at 150 psi it would nearly double too 7 cfm (very important) so when i run the gun off a 20lb tank with 175 cuft in it at 90 psi it will run 42 mins if filled to the minimum 20lb's. but same tank run at 150 psi uses 7cfm(calculated) would only run for 20 mins off a tank. and since with co2 liquifies in the bottle as the pressure drops the liquid changes to gas to keep the pressure up

yea the batteries just dont last on mine atleast could try a new battery i know its a bit older gun so just keep it at work but since this would be attached to the trailer and just unhook at the track and can run the air tools and change tire psi

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
actualy my father hauls a 22ft bow rider with his gt covertable i will try to find a pic

and used to haul our old boat 18 ft glastron speed boat with his 79 trans am (picture was the day we sold the boat and didnt put the hitch back on the bird for the picture)

plus after doing more research great for junk yard diving were you want air all sorts of air tools but no power

1 - 8 of 8 Posts