Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my passenger side window stopped working months ago on my 2002 v6 coupe. i bought a new motor and regulator. that wasnt the problem. i got a new switch. that wasnt it either. and all the fuses in my car are good. i tried researching it but i couldn't find anything going past the switches. can someone please help me figure out whats wrong? any tips or advice would be great. thank you.

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
Can you hear anything going when you press the switch? like a humming noise or anything? if you have a voltmeter probe the points in the connector that plugs into the switch on the door and see if you even have power going to it, try to narrow it down a little more.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Ford has a set of wiring diagrams that are separate from the shop manual. These can be obtained from Helm publications. With the wiring diagrams and a voltmeter it should be possible to trace the wiring. If you don't know how to do that you might want to take it to an automotive electrical shop.

·
Canon Gang
8,240 Posts
Mine did the same thing. Take it to a glass shop, and say you need them to epoxy the clips back onto the bottom of the window. I can almost promise you that it's nothing electrical. Simple 2 hour job :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
My driver side window was completely off the track (on the left side) and the window was separated from the epoxy glued clip but it still went up and down. It was just crooked and made a bit of noise from it being loose in the door.

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
My driver side window was completely off the track (on the left side) and the window was separated from the epoxy glued clip but it still went up and down. It was just crooked and made a bit of noise from it being loose in the door.
my passenger side is crooked and does not have alot of power going up, sometimes when it gets near the top i have to push it up the last literally 2cm to close all the way in one corner to avoid wind noise,...i should look into this.

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
Just throwing this out there. My drivers side window stopped working a while back. I took my door panel off and pulled the fonzy maneuver down by where the bottom speaker is. (hit it with my hand a couple times) and problem has been solved.

I have also heard of a couple others doing the same thing and it worked.

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
Just throwing this out there. My drivers side window stopped working a while back. I took my door panel off and pulled the fonzy maneuver down by where the bottom speaker is. (hit it with my hand a couple times) and problem has been solved.

I have also heard of a couple others doing the same thing and it worked.
I have done the same to the same side, same manuever but it was to stop a rattling noise, it worked but later found out what was causing it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts