Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I already have had problems with my drivers side window going up and down because it's fallen off track. but today, I just put down my passenger side window for a second and suddenly it wont go up! Never had any problems from it before. I'm pretty sure the motor is shot since I checked all the wires and they've all got current. When I push the down button it makes a really quiet click. but up does nothing. the drivers side still works...sorta. But I really need to figure out how I'm suppose to get to the window motor? Do I have to take off every last thing? it was already a pain with just the panel. Any and all help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
546 Posts
either strip a little bit of the wires or find a place where they aren't insulated and test them. the ones going to the switch and coming from it. If those aren't it, probably the motor.

·
Zoolander
7,719 Posts
happens every now and then, some people hit where the motor is on the inside of the door, and it works, or they take a screwdriver and tap on it, and it works again.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
its the motor, its gone, try hitting it it may just be stuck, but a new motor isnt a hard install

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, so I've hit and tapped it with a screwdriver and hammer and it clicks when you push down but does nothing up. last nite I checked all the wires, they're all ok. So how do I get to the motor?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
a screw diver some sockets, and a full arsenal of cuss words lol, just pop off the door panel you'll see it

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
my motor in my drivers side quits on me sometimes in the summer....i think mine is an electrical issue tho, cause it only happens randomly and NOT often at all.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do I have to take off all the window mounts? because I dont understand how the door comes apart. I took off the damned panel. the plastic part, that was a pain in the ass. lol And now I'm lookin at the motor and the speaker and all the gold nuts. whats next?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
Do I have to take off all the window mounts? because I dont understand how the door comes apart. I took off the damned panel. the plastic part, that was a pain in the ass. lol And now I'm lookin at the motor and the speaker and all the gold nuts. whats next?
you can get it out with out taking it apart, but if you do take it apart its a lot easier there are 4 nuts mounting it

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright, I see the nuts. but theres no way for me to reach the motor other than from that. the window is stuck down, there's a speaker...do I have to take that out? And no, I don't have a teardown manual, lol I bet that'd help, but I don't know if anywhere around here has one. most of them are just sedans, pickups, and SUVs & minivans.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
autozone will have it, and remove the speaker and go at it with a box wrench

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, so I can't get the speaker out. there's some little black things on top and a nut on the bottom thats not quite accessable... wow this is going to be a pain.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
wait what??? pics?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
its hard to explain, can you take pics of what you see and then I can show you easier

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
ok I got class so i'll help you again when I get out

1 - 20 of 30 Posts