Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm selling my 96 gt for $1,000, and i'm going to put it all into my '07. What can i do to add power for $1,000? I'm going FI later, so nothing that would have to come out. I would even think about adding things that didn't add much power while i'm NA, but would add a lot more when i got my charger. I was looking at the GT500 throttle body from JDM for $400, opinions? what else is there? I'm actually gonna have $1,500, but gears and lowering are coming out of that also. So whatever is left from the $1,500 after lowering and gears would go to power.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Aluminum ds & cams, if you can save a little longer. Maybe some coil packs, or UDP's. Do you have an after market shifter yet?

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know pullies would have to come out with FI, but they are cheap enough i don't think i'd care. If you were choosing between cdmv(whatever the abb. is)plates or pullies, which one would you choose? Would pullies/(and or) cdmv plates and gt500 65mm throttle body be worth it?

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
I know pullies would have to come out with FI, but they are cheap enough i don't think i'd care. If you were choosing between cdmv(whatever the abb. is)plates or pullies, which one would you choose? Would pullies/(and or) cdmv plates and gt500 65mm throttle body be worth it?
About the same power gains from pullies & cmcv delete plates.

I've heard negative feedback on the after market tb's. Although I am not familiar with the effects of the gt500 unit on our cars.

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aluminum ds & cams, if you can save a little longer. Maybe some coil packs, or UDP's. Do you have an after market shifter yet?
cams are temting, but that would probably put me over my price range with installation. lowering kit is mandatory! would substitute something for gears if it made enough power differance though.

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About the same power gains from pullies & cmcv delete plates.

I've heard negative feedback on the after market tb's. Although I am not familiar with the effects of the gt500 unit on our cars.
heard the samething as you, but jdm says that the normal TB problems don't come up because the GT500 one is a ford product.

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know that the d/s and clutch and other drivetrain stuff are needed and give you something that you can feel, but i'm kinda wanting actuall HP mods. Something that would make my car have bigger dyno numbers.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
I would probably go with udp's and an aluminum ds then. That's about a 20-25 hp in gain of hp at the wheels from reducing parasitic loss.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
No, TB. The gains are too small to justify the $400 price tag. You can do the delete plates of you are going with a centri blower. Gears and the BMR kit would be about a grand including gear installation, and assuming that you install the suspension yourself. So you could probably swing a sydershaft, or delete plates and UDPs, and I would go Steeda on the UDPs.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
What supercharger are you going with? I would not get a throttle body unless you are going twinscrew, and then it still isn't needed until 13-15 psi. before you see a difference. The delete plates and under drive pullies aren't need for a twin screw car but help on a centrifugal car. Headers are always going to help with both but aren't needed if you go turbo. The driveshaft will help n/a and any of the f/i mods. Same with the gears if you are going twin screw go with 3.73 if going turbo/centrifugal go 4.10. If you want with the gears get a Auburn Diff. or Tru-Trac.

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how much do you think it would cost to get the nsr(no springs required) cam from brenspeed installed? $300? I would get those and lowering kit if i could get the cam installed for $1,000. They sound so awesome on these cars.

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bbr stag 2 cams only $650. doesn't come with vavle springs though. says they recomend them, would it be a problem if i didn't? Says stage 1 is for NA cars and stage 2 is for poweradders. Would stage 2 be fine until i got my charger? ...again, how much would install be? If i could get these, that would be bad ass because they say 30+ rwhp.
BBR 2005-2008 Mustang GT 3V Camshafts

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
looking at all these mods is making me power hungry!!! Might have to even forget lowering springs for now. You think i could bbr stage 1 or 2(tell me which one)cams without valve springs, installed, cmdv plates, and udp's for $1,500? Would you? How much power to the ground?

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
i'll buy your '96 for $1,000.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
i'll buy your '96 for $1,000.
better not let MSO see this......

he may report u to the IRS or something...this is the 3rd car u bought in 5 months and u don't have a job

1 - 20 of 60 Posts