Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,I bought this cam the other day I have some questions about it..I was looking through websites and there all misleading saying "only use on aftermarket MAF,Perf. Heads and intake,1.6 ratios only, modified Fuel system" and then others say "With use with 1.7 ratios, modified heads and blah blah blah." My question is,cant I just slide this thing in and be good to go with my Crane 1.7's? Will it run rite or would I need to modify something? Heres the mod list if it helps..

1990 Shortblock
E7 or GT40P's stock (Still deciding)
BBK CAI,BBK 70MM TB,Cobra upper/ported lower intake
1.7 Crane RR's
BBK UDP's
BBK Longtubes,BBK X pipe,FLowmasters Dumped
MSD Bullit Dis,MSD SC wires,MSD 6AL,
Stock Fuel system but im haveing a 190 walbro coming in
Stock MAF

Everything else is all 94/95 stuff just the shortblock is a 1990 with the forged pistons..

·
Resident Headbanger
2,419 Posts
There are better choices of cam than that one and I wouldn't upgrade the cam anyway without upgrading the heads.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I know I heard about the TFS1's but I mean this one is better over stock and I got it for dirt cheap so just because its an aftermarket cam I would have to upgrade the heads but why?Iv heard I can use stock E7's or GT40's and itll work just fine...

·
Resident Headbanger
2,419 Posts
Yeah it'll work fine but you'll need to upgrade the valve springs, and it seems pointless to me to upgrade the valve springs if you still have the stock heads.
The whole purpose of the cam swap is to add performance and that's not going to happen when you still have restrictive heads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts