Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
falls from the tree
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So when I bought my stang it was bone dry on all fluids. My power steering was completely dry and that idiot was driving it. Its still pretty whinny. Could he of damaged it? Or is it normal for mustangs to be a little whinny? I'm the type that will replace something if its not broke. If I do.....u got any recommendations? Can it be upgraded to a better pump?

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
Probably fried unfortunately. If it's been run dry, it will damage the internals and cause it to whine. I'd replace it and whatever line is leaking if it were my car. I'm just as anal as you are about this stuff.

·
In over my head
1,116 Posts
I've heard of people upgraded components like the rag joing or the rack itself, but I don't think I've heard of anyone doing the pump itself. I just replaced mine, easy day (you do need the tool) and its very straightforward.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Our pumps are whinny to begin with. Just wanted to through that out there

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Throwing this out there don't cheap out on the tool. The pulley can be stuck on there a bit and the crappy pullers don't fit well and can mess up the lip. Autozone has a good one that you can rent

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.