Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my PP throttle body and plenum on. I got a new tps just to be safe, i left the battery unhooked overnight. I sanded down the inside so it would stop sticking, i've set the idle screw, nothing has worked.

Am i better off just running stock? I get a hanging idle, and it idles at about 1,500rpm. Any help is appreciated.

And yes i have used the search button, nothing i found helped. I tried it all

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you may have ported it too much.

A little dab of silicone might help

And where should i put a dab of silicone?

Well i compared how much light was getting passed on the stock to the PP, and the PP has way less, but i did it just enough to where it was not sticking. Also it was doing it before i did that. But getting stuck at about 2900RPMS. Now it doesn't stick as bad but still gets stuck. I'm about to just junk it if no one has any ideas.

Cleaned it again and it helped with the sticking for a little bit but didn't get rid of the high idle. :(

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
same thing happened to me man.. I ended up buying an accufab.

I would talk to Acmillr here to see if he knows any better. he is good with the porting and polishing stuff

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
same thing happened to me man.. I ended up buying an accufab.

I would talk to Acmillr here to see if he knows any better. he is good with the porting and polishing stuff
Hopefully he comes across the thread. It seems like if i put pressure where the throttle cable hooks into ( for lack of acutally term, Brainfart) the idle will go down to what sounds like about 7-800ish. When i get home from class I'll just pull if off and put stock back on. See if that fixes it.

I knew that old saying " you get what you pay for " was gonna come up anad bite me in the ass

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not forwards, backwards, but the throttle cable still has some slack, idk

and just out of nieve curiosity a tune isn't going to solve this is it? don't flame...i'm still learning

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks. And i doubted that too. just thought i'd throw it out there. Well hopefully swapping them out will fix it, if not, i'm done. Thanks for the help HMUSN

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
The only issue I had with mine was the gas pedal sticking right as I pressed down on it but I fixed that by stretching the spring on the TB and removing the black piece of plastic that sits in there,has been a year now and no issues, sorry to hear of your troubles.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah...it was sticking so bad i had to do some sanding. now its just idling high. i got the stocker back on and its fine.

i read something about a tps gasket? would making a gasket to serve as a spacer do me any good? im just completely confusd as to whats making it do this.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no, i just flipped it up so i didn't mess with it. why? did i do it wrong? Is there any way i can ajust the idle more than the TPS can?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
how far in did you port? you have a pic? i do porting myself, i just need a a better understanding of what you did.

here is what mine looks like:

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
i had the same exact problem with MAC throttle body...i did exactly what you did ...try everything to make it work! i think i even made like 3 threads!...and it was really a waist of time...if its sticking bad there is nothing you can do but return it and put on the old one for now...im with hmusn on this one...just buy the accufab...ive not heard once on this forum or from anyone of an accufab sticking...:2cents

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sweet2k. I took my stock after i cleaned it and held it up to the light, i saw barely any light shining through. So thats what i did to the PP. But my problem lies in the idle. It's not sticking anymore its just idling really high and then dropping off slow. I did some more adjustments and i'm going to go try it now, i think i may have got it but i'm not sure.

and 2000Mgt i got the PP 75mm because i got a good deal at late model restoration.

If this doens't work i'm scrapping it for an accufab or holley

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
yes, but if you mess with the opening at the butterfly, you will start to mess things up. you should not have to adjust the set screw, the tps on these arent suppose to be adjustable. it sounds to me like you went too far into the opeming, or you have a vacum issue somewhere.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well when i put the stock one on it's 100% perfect, nothing wrong. I dont think i went to far but i could be wrong. it just seems like where the throttle cable is connectected. it's not pulling hard enough back so that it idles right. i got it to idle at 900ish but when i took it for a drive it hung at 2000rpms.

I think i'm just going to see if i cant trade for a different one

1 - 20 of 49 Posts