Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Guys, I'm a week away from ordering my shelby razor wheels.

Now I want to pre-plan for the suspension when I save up some $$$ again.

I'm not looking to do road courses or autocrossing. and I'm not looking to lower my car aggressively, maybe a good inch in the front and enough to fill the rear wheel well gap, I think maybe an 1 1/4. I just want to greatly increase the handling in my vehicle on the highway, taking turns, (aka along jughandles on higways.) and give it a nice comfortable ride.

I was told by a guy by me that all I really need for the suspension is a good set of springs (steeda ultralites, saleen, BMR springs) any adjustable panhard bar of my choice and tokico D specs.

Does this sound about right?? should I also wanting to be investing in swaybars as well??

Whats your input on this.....?

·
Registered
11,947 Posts
yea any of those springs are fine. the steeda sport springs are a one inch drop front and back. the steeda ultra lite sport springs are an 1inch in the front and an 1 1/4 inch drop in the back. then you have the eibach pro kit which is 1.2 in the front and 1.4 in the back. The bmr springs are 1.25 front and 1.75 back, might be more of you drop then you said you want but those back springs would do a better job at filling in the back wheel well, you can look at my car with the frpp springs which are 1.4 in the back and see that with my tires in doesnt fill the wheel well. I can give you other specs on springs if you want.

the tokico shocks are good. im putting the tokico d specs with infinite adjustability on my stang.

And yes if you really want to improve conering you have to get sway bars. just lowering the new stang really wont do that. You say your not taking it the race track so you could get away with just the shocks and springs but for any agressive cornering imporvements you would need swaybars.

and yep, adjustable panhard bars, you could get bmr or stangsuspensions adjustable panhard bar for about 130

i guess you could look at anti wheel hop packages from bmr or steeda.

Did you alread order your rims, how much did you pay for them if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
awesome.

yea I have BMR upper and lower control arms. so the only thing else I might have to invest in is the relocation brackets.

The sway bars I'm not sure, like I dont drive very aggressively on the road. I may once in a while for the hell of it, hit a jughandle at like 50MPH just for fun. but not everyday. so I dont think I may need a sway bar. I can always get the other parts, test drive it, and if I feel I want more conrerning, then the sways will be my next purchase.

Yes I did purchase them, $1789 all together mounted, balanced and shipped to my door, Chorome Shelby Razors 20" with 265/35/20 Nitto 555 tires all the way around.

price will vary based upon rim coating and kind of tires you want. they guy I went with has every tire brand name in stock.

most other places I called about the same setup I wanted quoted me 2k

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
i have the bmr lowering kit and couldn't be happier. I also added tokico d specs, bmr tubular subframe connectors, BMR billet aluminum lower control arms and bmr adjustable upper control arm

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With the help of CR @ Tillman Speed, this is probably going to be my wish list.

Steeda Ultralite Springs
Steeda Adj. Panhard Bar & Brace
Steeda Pro-Action Shocks (made by Tokico)
BMR LCA Relocation Brackets

depending on how I feel later down the road.

Steeda or BMR Front Sway Bar

1 - 6 of 6 Posts