Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys. It looks like I'm going to order my on3 turbo kit this week. Any advice during the install? Somethings I might do before or after to make it go smoother? I thought about header wrapping the hot side before hand and dropping the front bumper cover. That's about it. Any info is appreciated...

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Goes on without saying I guess. Lucky me it's a NC car, and has never seen snow or ice. lol... Thanks though. Anyone else?

·
Hardon Enthusiast
2,291 Posts
take lots of pics and make a write up out of it!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I would like to know how well the pipes will fit under ur car, mine is lowered and I've ran into some scrapes without extra piping under it lol.

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, def will make a write up. There already a REALLY nice one made in another forum.

I too am lowered, and I also have the Cervini bumper cover, I'll see if I can fanagle them pipes but, we'll see...

Anyone else want to chime in?

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
I would like to know how well the pipes will fit under ur car, mine is lowered and I've ran into some scrapes without extra piping under it lol.
You should have seen my friends S197 that had an STS turbo on it ( after I pleaded for him to look elsewhere ). Those kits run the exhaust from the motor to the back bumper than back to the motor again ( then back to the tail for tips ). Most ridiculous setup I have ever seen. I understand they work for Vetts that dont have the room in the engine bay but there is no need for this on a mustang.

My friend had more exhaust leaks from bottoming out than I have ever seen and the car hardly ever ran right because of it.

BTW- I dont know who thought putting the filter behind one of the rear tires was a good idea but they should be shot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts