Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting one and want to know how many tunes come already on it, because i want to correct for 373 gears but donot always want to run 93 octane tune, does it have an 87 stock tune. Also when i install my offroad x will i need o2 extensions or if you turn them off do they even have to be hooked up at all, mine is an 04 by the way. Thank's

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
get a SCT Xcal screw the predator. you can run a 87 octane tune, but if you have lots of mods you may need the better fuel.

when you get your offroad X you can just turn the rear 02's off with the tuner, and not they dont even have to be plugged up.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
3 tunes come with it. It doesn't come with a stock tune, as the first thing you do when installing an after market tune, is upload your factory tune to the tuner, which 'marries' the tuner to your car.

You are better off getting custom tunes from a place like

BamaChips Tuning

or

BRENSPEED, BBK BMR SCT STEEDA MAC PYPES SLP MUSTANG PERFORMANCE PARTS

They are far better tunes than the canned tunes that come with a tuner, and you get much better customer service in the future should you have problems or make changes to your engine that require a change in tune.

I don't know the answer to your 02 question, but I'm sure other guys will have your info on that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what about the sct, it says for ford vehicles but does it come with some tunes already for a mustang, i ask because i may go with that if i can use it also to check codes on my wifes explorer!

·
Registered
575 Posts
there is nothing wrong with a predator. I have one and love it. they also have great customer support. everyone has there own opinion .

·
The Shogun of Harlem
6,344 Posts
there is nothing wrong with a predator. I have one and love it. they also have great customer support. everyone has there own opinion .
+1
The Predator does everything the SCT does. I have both a current moment. The predator is much easier to use IMO. Anyone that says different probably hasn't used the predator.

The thing you want to look at is what software does your local dyno tuner use, SCT or DiabloSport? That is what you should go with.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i love my predator as well. very comparable to the xcal 2. pro's and cons to both, but both are good tuners. the x-cal 3 is a very nice tuner as well. all the tuners will turn off the rear o2 sensors for your new mid pipe.

·
Registered
748 Posts
in MD, JPC racing prefers predator (i talkedd to them in person)....while they will call in a guy from woodbine (a tuner) who prefers sct at no extra charge if u do so desire. go with a tuning device that your local or favorite tuner shop is familiar with or prefers.

·
Registered
575 Posts
in MD, JPC racing prefers predator (i talkedd to them in person)....while they will call in a guy from woodbine (a tuner) who prefers sct at no extra charge if u do so desire. go with a tuning device that your local or favorite tuner shop is familiar with or prefers.
they are one of the best around, my car was tuned there 2 weeks ago. they also bring a guy in from Diablosport once a month to have a tech support on hand in person. they rock.

·
Registered
748 Posts
yea they said to me that if i really wanted the diablosport tech guy from florida to come up theyd fly him in just for myt tune...all bc they make money regardless since its at their facility. great people. the sales lady lives by me, and JPC is only 10 mins form the house.

·
Registered
748 Posts
somwhere someone had posted up info regarding the livewire. its the same as the sct2 but it has a full screen do watch data at all times. and it had gliches for awhile. idk about the current update, and how it is currently, but i believe someone piosted info on here about it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts