Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys!

New to the forum. A lot of good info here!

I just bought a 2005 Mustang GT 5 spd with 25k miles. The powertrain is all stock (for now). I just bought a JLT CAI and need a tuner for the install.

I have new unmarried Predator V7140 (Vortech S/C version). There are 3 S/C tunes, but no N/A tunes on it. I found an older post that seemed to indicate that you could update the Predator using Diablosport's software down loads and get the N/A canned tunes.

Has anyone here actually done this? If it's possible, it would be a great thing. As I make more mods, I would want some custom tunes, but for now it would be nice to use the Predator I have.

Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Yeah, you can store and upload custom tunes with that just like any other tuner. It is just one that came in one of those package deals with the S/C.

Just go to the Diablo website and download the appropriate drivers and you can run any e-mail tune you want. I don't know if the canned tunes are available on their site. I don't remember seeing them but I never looked for them either.

·
Samurai Vomit Magnet
4,259 Posts
They told me that its not possible last time I spoke to them. But then again I was trying to use my regular diablosport for my supercharger, and they said you have to have the correct tuner.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
They told me that its not possible last time I spoke to them. But then again I was trying to use my regular diablosport for my supercharger, and they said you have to have the correct tuner.
I could be wrong but that would just not seem to make sense. So if I currently have a diablo, and get an S/C, I have to get a new tuner?

·
Registered
930 Posts
I could be wrong but that would just not seem to make sense. So if I currently have a diablo, and get an S/C, I have to get a new tuner?
You are right, you do not need a new tuner to upgrade to a supercharger.
OP just call AM/BAMA and have them write you a tune. And Im sure you can clear those s/c caned tunes from the tuner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts