Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone's preferred method of drying their cars? Ive used a shamois for years but have noticed lately in colder weather or when its dark out it doesn't pick up water very well and i dont have regular access to a compressor to air dry my car as I live in an apartment, so im wondering what works for you guys

·
ZYZZ Brah
3,630 Posts
ive done the same as you since i got my first vehicle. if there is something faster and more efficient I'd love to learn about it. I've heard of people using leaf blowers? Is that ok? lol

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
After final rinse I take off the sprayer and flood the car with free flowing water. It removes about 90% of the water on a waxed car. I use my quality my towels with ultima waterless mix as my drying aid to help prevent scratching. I use my blower as well but you since you don't have one I skipped that step

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/9086/10h/origin-d5.scene7.com/is/image/TractorSupplyCompany/3433359_set?$prod_det_no_flsh$

one of these with my 60 gal air compressor works awesome!!! better than a leaf blower. these blow guns are the ****!

·
Registered
672 Posts
https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/248/9086/10h/origin-d5.scene7.com/is/image/TractorSupplyCompany/3433359_set?$prod_det_no_flsh$

one of these with my 60 gal air compressor works awesome!!! better than a leaf blower. these blow guns are the ****!
Lol, he said he doesnt have access to air...

Alot of people don't like to use the meguiars water magnets, but I personally love using them. I use a couple of them though, it seems like 2 of them is not enough to dry my entire car.

Atleast I havent used anything better then these, which hopefully somebody else would chime in on this...

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Chi Hair dryer for spot drys and a blower from a distance. The walmart synthetic drying towel that comes in tube works really good too for me anyway. I use a spray detailing to help me dry too.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
id say never use anything that doesnt have any nap..like that absorber towel that coes in tube its like rubber..it might absorb alot of water but if you pull it across the paint and grab up some dirt it has no where to pull the dirt away from so your gonna drag it on the paint and scratch it. I always use quality MF towels so if it does grab some dirt it can be pulled up into the nap of the towel away from the surface of the paint.

·
It'll buff out...
5,379 Posts
A giant waffle weave microfiber that I spray with some QD. never have to wring never dries out.

·
Potato
1,159 Posts
Oh I should of specified the absorber was for the glass. I use only air drying, the squeegee and I never really got along.

·
Resident Ford Rep
631 Posts
I've used the walmart microfiber drying towels for years now and absolutely love them with something like slickmist. Wanted to try something like the one of CG drying towels, the guzzler it's called right?

·
Not a Vert
1,655 Posts
After final rinse I take off the sprayer and flood the car with free flowing water. It removes about 90% of the water on a waxed car. I use my quality my towels with ultima waterless mix as my drying aid to help prevent scratching. I use my blower as well but you since you don't have one I skipped that step
^This guy..:baller:

·
Registered
726 Posts
Same as Vader... except I don't have a blower. UWW+ mixed at its specified dilution works great for me as a drying aid as well!

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
Same as Vader. Sheet it off, but I use an electric leaf blower afterwards and a plush MF with QD for any spots I missed

·
TwinScrew Boostin'
846 Posts
1. Use Air compressor with a blow gun to get the water out of the cracks.

2. While the car is wet, I spray each panel with a Q/D Spray (Usually Hybrid V7) and Use a Waffle Weave MF Towel to dry the car while the Q/D acts a drying agent.

3. Wipe down each panel with a plush MF towels to remove any last streaks and get a clean shine.

The End

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I take my shop-vac that has a leaf blower. Blows at like 240 mph take that across door lines bumpers hood lines pretty much all the crack and most of the water comes off then I take a mf and get the rest. If its larger area ill lay my chamios or absorber towel on it and the peel it off to prevent scratching

sent from ponyville

·
Obsessed Detailer
8,609 Posts
What is everyone's preferred method of drying their cars? Ive used a shamois for years but have noticed lately in colder weather or when its dark out it doesn't pick up water very well and i dont have regular access to a compressor to air dry my car as I live in an apartment, so im wondering what works for you guys
ive done the same as you since i got my first vehicle. if there is something faster and more efficient I'd love to learn about it. I've heard of people using leaf blowers? Is that ok? lol
YESSS lol

1. Use Air compressor with a blow gun to get the water out of the cracks.

2. While the car is wet, I spray each panel with a Q/D Spray (Usually Hybrid V7) and Use a Waffle Weave MF Towel to dry the car while the Q/D acts a drying agent.

3. Wipe down each panel with a plush MF towels to remove any last streaks and get a clean shine.

The End
I do a combination of all these lol. Once i final rinse, I sheet the water off to remove most water, then hit the whole car with my Troybuilt leaf blower(bought it for drying my car). Then do a QD wipedown to clean up any small droplets left behind from blower, also boosts gloss, restores slickness and helps reduce the chance of marring/scratching.

Blower was like 50 bucks btw. Awesome investment.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I just sheet the water from my hose after washing, followed by UWW+ w/ a MF. In my best infomercial voice "works every time" :lol

·
needs more boost
4,897 Posts
I sheet the water using the hose then I use a leaf blower. The water that's left I get with a microfiber

1 - 20 of 40 Posts