Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used set of TW 170's w/TF 1.6 full rollers, brand new stage 2 cam, and new springs for up to .600 lift.

Then 2 questions.

1. Is that cam too big for the 170's?
2. Can I get away with running my performer intake with this combo or will it choke it down?

Kbye.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
You didn't give a price..?? I would say between 800-1000$ for those heads

Sounds like a good set of heads but I'm not sure if the tfs2 cam will have ptv clearance issues with the stock rotating assembly on those 1.6s

As far as I know you will be fine with that intake, if not I'm sure someone else will chime in and let u know other wise

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You didn't give a price..?? I would say between 800-1000$ for those heads

Sounds like a good set of heads but I'm not sure if the tfs2 cam will have ptv clearance issues with the stock rotating assembly on those 1.6s

As far as I know you will be fine with that intake, if not I'm sure someone else will chime in and let u know other wise
I was trying to find out what that stuff is worth... I have no idea as I'm not really Ford savvy. Guess I coulda been more specific. I plan on rebuilding this winter and putting this stuff on, so PTV won't be an issue since I can build around this top end.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
heads 800
rockers 120
cam 120
It's on the bay right now for $810 with $85 shipping. I won't need the stuff until winter but if i can get a good deal on it now I might as well.

·
Banned
11,614 Posts
eh decent. Friends runnin it in his 347 lulzzzz not a fan of trickflow cams. Some dude Im dating ran the tfs2 with the right spring pressure and the rockers gouged the cam

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
93hatch's prices he listed are ubber good so I'd say his numbers or slightly more and it's still a good deal.

I would think you should be fine with the performer intake

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I have the Stage 2 cam, but haven't ran it long enough to decide if I like it. Just bought it because I was shooting for OTS since my car is long from done.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some dude Im dating
Lol. You puff peeters.
93hatch's prices he listed are ubber good so I'd say his numbers or slightly more and it's still a good deal.

I would think you should be fine with the performer intake
Awesome. I didnt know if it'd choke it down or not since its kind of an entry level intake. That'll save me some money. I'm tryin to budget my winter mods to $3500 and squeeze a rebuild and possibly a stroker kit in there if I can find what I need at the right prices.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the Stage 2 cam, but haven't ran it long enough to decide if I like it. Just bought it because I was shooting for OTS since my car is long from done.
I'm kind of doing the same thing, if its the right price it'd be worth havin I reckon.

Nice signature BTW, I lol'd when I read that thread.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts