Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was quoted $570 for the install of my 4.10 gears, t-lock and shift kit. to me it sounds pretty high i was wondering what you guys thought.

·
Registered
788 Posts
i dont know, a shift kit means dropping the tranny doesnt it? ive never installed one, but i know the gears and tlock are atleast 200 depending on where you are.

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
got my 4.10s, t-lok installed for 200.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Thats way to much unless its including the price of the tlok and/or gears

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no i got every thing online and they are just putting it in for me.

·
Registered
965 Posts
no i got every thing online and they are just putting it in for me.
i paid $400 for install of my truetrac and 3.73's but that included synthetic rear diff oil, and the master bearing kit. Not the best price but not $570! i hope you can find someone else who will do it cause thats renutsculous

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
mine was with cost of fluids/friction modifier. i dont see the justification in paying 370 to have a shift kit installed...

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
prices are all area based tho. I paid close to 400 when i had my gears and t-lok installed. If there isnt alot of shop that can do that, places can charge whatever they want.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok well i just called him back he said even if i have my own fluids the price stays at 450 for the gears and t-lock and 120 for the shift kit.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
check around for a better price if you can, but you might be stuck. Anyways...is this palce giving you an estimate or a flat rate? Gears is a process and should be charged hourly...

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
wtf??? gears and t-lok 250 tops, shift kit maybe 50 bucks. dont pay over 350 for all of it

·
Registered
154 Posts
everyone has a different price because they all decide how much money their time is worth..it sounds high but there could be others who are higher.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i think im stuck its the only place in my area that i found that will do it.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
wtf??? gears and t-lok 250 tops, shift kit maybe 50 bucks. dont pay over 350 for all of it
::begin thread jack::

Hey Green why do you make a new sig for the mustang, instead of the scion?

::end thread jack::

The shop thats doing my gears/tlok is doing it for 190$ with me having my fluids and bearing kit.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts