Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting together a small order from DD for the end of the month, and want to know if anyone has any opinions on the Banana Gloss.

Here are the claims from the site:
"Banana Gloss is a premium liquid wax with a deep glossy shine. If you want easy, waxing with BG couldn't be any easier. It works on hot paint, cold paint, in the sun or in the shade. It won't stain trim or leave white residue. It dries almost instantly, so waxing becomes a quick and easy project.

If that wasn't enough, BG will actually fill and conceal some pretty heavy paint swirls. Do you see spider webs when you look at your car in the sun? Try some BG. The improvement will be significant.

Banana Gloss has a complex resin that levels the paint while providing protection and durability. There is a touch of carnauba for added depth. Black paint looks like a deep pool of oil and paint with metal flake looks bass boat thick.

There is quite a bit going on here. You get easy application, paint cleaners, no white residue, trim safe, concealing and of course, protection. All that is left is durability. You should see a good 45-60 days on a daily driver, but with a wax this easy, you may not find out.
"

Sounds like great stuff. I just want to know if it lives up to it. This could be good for the folks who just want a wash and wax. The main points I am wondering about are in red.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Defiantly would give it a try I have not tried it out but have heard great thing about it... not only for Banana Gloss but for the entire Prima line. I do have a different Prima product... Prime Slick its the best quick detailer I have ever used and you know me man I have tried like 10+. It provides the paint with a super slick feel and repels dust better than any other QD I have ever used. Its polymers also add some of depth to the finish. Not only that the smell is so fresh and clean. After QD your garage will smell sanitized:) I am really glad I have a gallon of it. I will continue to purchase it by the gallon hell if they were to ever make a 5 gallon I would by it, but I doubt it since it a boutique product.

·
I'm, Ron Burgundy?
6,908 Posts
Danny, where did you find this Prima QD? Sounds like something I would like to try.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks danny. I will give it a try.

Gerbig, you can probably get it through Detailers Domain.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Danny, where did you find this Prima QD? Sounds like something I would like to try.
I bought it from Phil the owner of Detailers Domain.;) He sell it in three different ways. I use it in a Kwazar Mercury Pro and it atomizes Slick like you wouldnt believe:D not only that its faster to do a QD with a Kwazar.

http://detailersdomain.com/autodetailing/prima_car_care.html

1. by the 16oz
2. by the gallon (what I got)
3. in a buy 3 16oz get 1 free deal

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
This sounds like something I might try out!

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will do man. I plan on taking a car heavily swirled, going over a 50/50 with a compound to remove most of the swirling, and then see how this does on heavy and light swirling.

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Will do man. I plan on taking a car heavily swirled, going over a 50/50 with a compound to remove most of the swirling, and then see how this does on heavy and light swirling.
I might buy some and use it on my mother in laws car...

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Defiantly would give it a try I have not tried it out but have heard great thing about it... not only for Banana Gloss but for the entire Prima line. I do have a different Prima product... Prime Slick its the best quick detailer I have ever used and you know me man I have tried like 10+. It provides the paint with a super slick feel and repels dust better than any other QD I have ever used. Its polymers also add some of depth to the finish. Not only that the smell is so fresh and clean. After QD your garage will smell sanitized:) I am really glad I have a gallon of it. I will continue to purchase it by the gallon hell if they were to ever make a 5 gallon I would by it, but I doubt it since it a boutique product.
How does it compare to P-40 and the Optimum QD?

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
How does it compare to P-40 and the Optimum QD?
It doesnt its on a whole other level:yes I would say this is one of the best quick detailers there is out on the market...if not the best. I was going to get this or Gloss it Gloss Enhancer but went with Prima Slick from what the guys at DB said. I made a thread asking members what was the best quick detailer on the market and that price was not a problem. I was then introduced to Prima Slick after asking about Gloss it. Those two are rated as the some of the best quick detailers. But be aware you will have to pay $60 to $90 a gallon to get either one and thats not including shipping costs:eek:

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm. I am a big fan of FK425. I have a couple gallons of it. Maybe I will buy some of the Prima when I run out.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Hmm. I am a big fan of FK425. I have a couple gallons of it. Maybe I will buy some of the Prima when I run out.
I have never tried FK425 but I know several guys who swear by it, how do you like it James?

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I really like it. Leaves a nice slick finish, and seems to help during pollen season with it's anti-static ability. Doesn't stop the pollen, but seems to help it come off easier with a drive.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am still stuck in The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia. I have not placed the order yet. I will probably do so tonight.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts