Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so with my tax refund coming soon... I need to know what to fix and thats where you guys obviously help me if you will

I have the rust on the Shock towers
I need to clean the injectors
replace the dounut? Gasket?
Fix the door lock
Change oil since i just got it
prob replace spark plugs? maybe
have to fix lights to workin on that one tho have to order the part off ebay

anything else I should look at

thanks

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Whats wrong with you donut? I have a spare 4-lug donut laying around here somewhere if you want it.

What gasket is messed up?

I would fix the door lock (does it still lock manually??), buy a bottle of injector cleaner, get a new fuel filter, plugs, cap and rotor, oil, maybe plug wires if they are looking old.

Buy a bottle of krylon rust tough and a wirewheel to go on a drill or die grinder if you have one. Spot fix the shock towers as good as you can.

Then drive the car until something breaks.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol awsome ok no I mean the dounut gasket (thats what the guy called it) maybe im wrong

its the gasket with the exhaust and when you let off the gas it sounds like she backfires but it doesnt he told me it was the gasket

any idea or am I wayyyy off?

And no the door doesnt lock manually its like jammed or something I cant see inside the door to the left to see it... so I dont know why it wont lock

also my tires kind of look well they are going it will be a few months but what type of tires are good

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
there is no gasket between the header and the h pipe but yes u have the name right there is something called a doughnut gasket that goes there on some cars.. ryan is just out of it today lol... tighten it up...

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol ok so is that the right thing tho i mean is that would could be makin my exhaust sound like its back firing when i let off the gas? and it sounds like it is hard to get to lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have flowmaster 2.5" exhaust from the headers back and when I let off the gas I get this popping sound that is the backpressure releasing. I was told it's because of the 2chamber mufflers and cammed motor. not much i can do except switch the aftercats to a flowthrough design like borla or magnaflow.

·
Registered
371 Posts
lol ok so is that the right thing tho i mean is that would could be makin my exhaust sound like its back firing when i let off the gas? and it sounds like it is hard to get to lol

ive had to replace my gasket imbetween the header and the h-pipe, it was making loud backfires when i let off the throttle sometimes, i was able to run my car and have someone throttle it while i was under it listening and thats how i located the leak.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok thanks man what was the gasket called do you remember/know and whas it hard to change?

·
Registered
371 Posts
ok thanks man what was the gasket called do you remember/know and whas it hard to change?
well mine is for a long tube header, i bought 3" aluminum flange gaskets, its three bolts each and piece of cake change i thought, shorty headers might be more difficult im not sure never had them...

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do you have factory h pipe and headers?

not all headers use donut gaskets
Yes I think I have factory headers....sorry whats the h-pipe I might have to go check it, I know the guy just had magna flow exhaust put on it...

(look my 100th post in these 100 post I have learned alot thank you guys looking forward to another 1000):cool:

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
THe factory style headers have a ball and socket and do not have a gasket. If you have an exhaust leak causing the backfire, it must be the header to engine gaskets. They are pretty easy to swap if you have the patients to loosen the headers bolts. Start soaking them in PB blaster now and keep spraying them every day for a week.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok is it semi hard or easy? or inbetween pb blaster the bolts on the headers right? to like where it connects into the engine?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Yeah, the bolts are probably rusted pretty good, so the PB blater will help loosen them. Spray on the bolts where they connect the headers to the engine.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok i'll grab some tomorrow and start it tomorrow thats when Im going to do the rust and clean the engine:D man i love my stang she might not be the best but shes mine and when im done with her .....eventually ...she'll be rock solid (hopefully anyway lol)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts