Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i've been lookin for a good set of heads for my 302, and i've seen these pro comp heads that are like super cheap, i haven't heard anything bad but i really haven't heard anything good.
If anyone has had experience with these heads i'd real appreciate some input, thanks.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
They are cheap china heads. We have a set on our big block chev tow rig. IMO I would get something better. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so what it comes down to is you get what u pay for.

i was also lookin at the holley systemax heads are they any good?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
I would go with a holley set up before the pro comp. they would work good in a every day driver but if your looking for performance i would go holley at the least

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i know afr is a real good brand and i'd love to have a set of them, but they're just so expensive

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
pro comp normally require additional money to get the heads right.. then there's the fact that they flow the cfm as oem gt40 iron heads lol

the holleys are made by brodix and are decent but not on the high side for performance but for a mild street car they'll do just fine.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
just get a used set of aluminum ones, if you're patient, and look around you can find a good buy

·
Banned
980 Posts
Nothing wrong with buying a used alum head, as long as both are ok. A(n) AFR or Trickflow head will help you more than Holley, Procomp, World Products heads will help you. Save your money, do heads ONLY once.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
+10000000 I agree with CAMN 100% I waited until I did a LOT of research on mods and talked to a lot of people with a lot of different combos before ordering my parts to do my build. I havent done any engine mods since my 92 LX with a gt40 combo and b cam and that was about 14-15 years ago and I wanted to get the most out of it without doing it over and over and wasting a bunch of money. If you are on a budget either A. look for a nice set of used TF's or B. wait until you save the money or C. all of the above. Nothing is worse than getting in a hurry and doing it cause you want it right now and then being sorry you did it, and pissed off until you save up and do it again.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have Pro comps....but only because it came with my GT when I got it, but I've never had any problems with them. Whether or not I'm producing better flow or more power I have no clue. I just know they work. I plan on changing to AFR soon though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts